Fate SRD Question

  • bshaker97
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hey,

      I'm working on an OGL game that might one day see print, and I wanted to incorporate some
      things from Fate. However, looking at the SRD, I see no designation of Product Identity.

      Is all of the contents of the SRD considered Open Content? Are proper names excluded?
      What about the examples?

      Thanks,
      Owen
    • Robert Donoghue
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2005
        On Nov 2, 2005, at 10:56 PM, bshaker97 wrote:
        > I'm working on an OGL game that might one day see print, and I
        > wanted to incorporate some
        > things from Fate. However, looking at the SRD, I see no
        > designation of Product Identity.
        >
        > Is all of the contents of the SRD considered Open Content? Are
        > proper names excluded?
        > What about the examples?

        Grrr. The SRD is supposed to just be stripped of the example texts,
        but I now realize that it hasn't been - my error. I'll update the
        doc today to correct that.

        My apologies for it being unclear and thank you very much for
        asking. Basically, the example text is not supposed to be open, and
        that should be the only location of proper names and such (but now
        that I know there are still examples in it, I'm gonna have to go over
        it with a comb to double check).

        That said, if there was something form the examples you wanted to run
        with, let us know and we can probably arrange to open it up.

        -Rob D.