Zaboomafoo!

  • Timothy Emrick
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2005
      Hi, all! I'm new to the list. I've recently read the FATE rules
      for the first time, and am considering using them for a future
      campaign.

      Meanwhile, I have a couple of characters suitable for a silly game.
      They are based on the PBS show "Zaboomafoo", which I watch with my
      daughter.

      Tim Emrick

      -----

      The Kratt Brothers, Chris and Martin
      [][] Animal Friends (Good): The Kratts get along easily with all
      kinds of animals, and know many cool things about every one they
      meet, but occasionally have to help out an animal in trouble.
      [] Animal Junction (Fair): Every wildlife habitat is just a short
      walk, bike, or boat ride from this nexus-point, where animals play
      together and hunting is not allowed.
      [] Mad Scientists (Fair): The Kratts can build weird devices to help
      them change size or gain animal senses--or travel in time to meet a
      dinosaur. However, these gadgets always break down at least once an
      episode.

      Skills:
      Ally Extra: Zaboomafoo (Good)
      Animal Lore (Good)
      "Be the Creature" (Fair)
      Build Unreliable Mad Science Gadget (Fair)
      Play with Animals (Fair)
      Duck! (Average)
      Repair Gadget (Average)
      Ride (Average)
      Wilderness Trekking (Average)

      Zaboomafoo, talking lemur
      [][] Leaping Lemur (Good): Zaboo is a talking lemur, with a real
      knack for climbing, jumping, eating, and playing games. However, he
      is also rather small and weak.
      [] "Mangatsika! I can't believe my mind!" (Fair): Zaboo is
      fascinated by new things, and obsessed with making new animal
      friends, but he's also rather naive and impulsive.

      Skills:
      Leap (Good)
      Climb (Fair)
      Play (Fair)
      Alertness (Average)
      Creature Sense (Average)
      Spurious Logic (Average)
      Storytelling (Average)
      Use Weird Gadget (Average)
    • Mike Holmes
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 20, 2005
        Let's see. Every session would go:

        1. Welcome to Animal Junction (theme song).
        2. Summon Zoboo.
        3. Give Zaboo food from the machine to make him talk.
        4. Who could it be, this animal that I did see? (Introduce todays animal)
        5. Animal characteristic time. (noses, slime, living in holes, etc)
        6. One time in Zobooland... (Zoboo tells a claymated story of Zobooland)
        7. I feel "Animal"-ish song. (replace "Animal" with name of todays animal)
        8. To the closet! (hilarity ensues as contents fall on the Krats)
        9. Out on the range.
        10. Back to Animal Junction.
        11. Duck! That's not a duck! (bird brings message from Amy)
        12. Goodbye to animals.
        13. Animal Jokes.
        14. Warning about strange animals.
        15. Roll credits.

        Did I miss anything? Should make adventure prep pretty easy. :-)

        Mike
      • Darren Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 20, 2005
          Excellent!

          The next character I make is going to have a
          Spurious Logic skill... or maybe an aspect so that I
          can use it for negative invocations.

          :Darren

          --- Timothy Emrick <thastygliax@...> wrote:

          ---------------------------------
[...]

          Fate * http://www.faterpg.com/

          If you enjoy Fate and are willing to lend your
          financial support, please take a look at
          http://www.faterpg.com/donate.php

          Chocolate fudge
          Fudge Fudge hair
          products