Quiet...!

  • Iago
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
      Has everything that needs to be said been said?

      Or have our hintings at a sometime-in-the-future revision
      left everyone quietly waiting? :)

      --
      Fred Hicks <iago AT iago DOT net>
      "Curse you iago and your fast fingers!" - Rob Donoghue
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
        FateRPG@yahoogroups.com writes:
        > Has everything that needs to be said been said?

        I'm just busy right now. I'm hoping that, over Spring Break (which starts next week), I'll be able to run a Fate game. Woo hoo!

        Jon
      • Iago
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
          On Tue, 04 Mar 2003, Jonathan Moyer wrote:

          > FateRPG@yahoogroups.com writes:
          > > Has everything that needs to be said been said?
          >
          > I'm just busy right now. I'm hoping that, over Spring
          > Break (which starts next week), I'll be able to run a Fate
          > game. Woo hoo!

          Man. I remember Spring Break.

          Have a blast. And report in!

          --
          Fred Hicks <iago AT iago DOT net>
          "Curse you iago and your fast fingers!" - Rob Donoghue
          Fate RPG - http://www.evilhat.com/fate/
        • James Pacek
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
            I am personally swamped by work. I am waiting for spring break too
            (I'm a teacher :) and I am busily working/creating a Fate adventure for
            GameStorm in Oregon.

            I am going to see GameKnight (for the first time in about 12 years!)

            On Tuesday, March 4, 2003, at 05:17 PM, Iago wrote:

            > Has everything that needs to be said been said?
            >
            > Or have our hintings at a sometime-in-the-future revision
            > left everyone quietly waiting? :)

            ' ' ' ' ' ' ''"""""""""""'' ' ' ' ' '
            Seeya, I believe in a God that doesn't need heavy financing.
            Jim ~ Fletch
          • Iago
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
              Yet another reason we're bummed we can't make it up to
              Oregon. And next year the both of us won't be on the west
              coast, either.

              Bother.

              --
              Fred Hicks <iago AT iago DOT net>
              "Curse you iago and your fast fingers!" - Rob Donoghue
              Fate RPG - http://www.evilhat.com/fate/
            • Jim D
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
                On 3/4/2003, in <mid:20030305005442.GI2158@...> Iago was seen
                fudging this:

                > Yet another reason we're bummed we can't make it up to Oregon. And
                > next year the both of us won't be on the west coast, either.

                Yeah that's too bad. It looks like GameStorm will have at least 1
                Fudge game running in every time slot (except maybe the first slot at
                2pm on Friday).

                I too have been trying to get my Fudge/Fate game ready for prime time,
                so not a lot of weighing in to do.

                Fred, your character builder web app is GREAT though! Thanks for doing
                it!

                --
                Best regards,
                Jim D JD -at- CastleGK -dot- com
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
                  On Tue, 04 Mar 2003, Jim D wrote:

                  > Yeah that's too bad. It looks like GameStorm will have at
                  > least 1 Fudge game running in every time slot (except
                  > maybe the first slot at 2pm on Friday).

                  Here's hoping there'll be something local to the DC area
                  of similar ilk next year. :)

                  > I too have been trying to get my Fudge/Fate game ready for
                  > prime time, so not a lot of weighing in to do.

                  Go, do!

                  > Fred, your character builder web app is GREAT though!
                  > Thanks for doing it!

                  Happy to provide the service. :)

                  --
                  Fred Hicks <iago AT iago DOT net>
                  "Curse you iago and your fast fingers!" - Rob Donoghue
                  Fate RPG - http://www.evilhat.com/fate/
                • Darren Hill
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
                    I'm catching up on a few things, but I hope to pick up on some old threads
                    in the near future.
                    Darren
                    > Has everything that needs to be said been said?
                    >
                    > Or have our hintings at a sometime-in-the-future revision
                    > left everyone quietly waiting? :)
                    >
                    > --
                    > Fred Hicks <iago AT iago DOT net>
                    > "Curse you iago and your fast fingers!" - Rob Donoghue
                    > Fate RPG - http://www.evilhat.com/fate/
                    >
                    > Fate * http://www.evilhat.com/fate/

                  • hathegkla
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 5, 2003
                      I'm still working on my adventure - hoping to play our first full
                      session this friday evening. My main problem is making the story
                      believable and interesting enough. I've been disappointed with some
                      of the games I've run sporadically in the last 6 months because
                      they've tended to veer into combat too often! And it has been
                      largely my own fault. Since FATE is quite a different system to what
                      I've used before, it'll be interesting to see if the same thing
                      happens here.

                      Looking forward to it anyway. (I'm steering my story more towards a
                      Cthulhu basis rather than a Chill one, after something one of the
                      players mentioned during char gen.).

                      I'll be in a better position to comment on what we found good/bad,
                      easy/hard about the system in a few days time.

                      Ben.
                    • Iago
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 5, 2003
                        On Wed, 05 Mar 2003, hathegkla wrote:

                        > I'm still working on my adventure - hoping to play our
                        > first full session this friday evening. My main problem is
                        > making the story believable and interesting enough. I've
                        > been disappointed with some of the games I've run
                        > sporadically in the last 6 months because they've tended
                        > to veer into combat too often! And it has been largely my
                        > own fault. Since FATE is quite a different system to what
                        > I've used before, it'll be interesting to see if the same
                        > thing happens here.

                        Even if you do veer into combat a fair amount, at least in
                        my experience, combat does not take up much time. This can
                        be a general Fudge "problem", though -- there's many a GM
                        out there (myself included) who has used combat as a
                        crutch to prop up the story and, more importantly, fill
                        time in the past. In this regard, playing Fate is somewhat
                        like GMing without a safety net. At least in _my_
                        experience, it's important that I develop enough _plot_ to
                        fill the session sans combat!

                        > Looking forward to it anyway. (I'm steering my story more
                        > towards a Cthulhu basis rather than a Chill one, after
                        > something one of the players mentioned during char gen.).
                        >
                        > I'll be in a better position to comment on what we found
                        > good/bad, easy/hard about the system in a few days time.

                        Looking forward to it!