Re: [FateRPG] The Dresden Files RPG Cover Art is In

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 29, 2005
      On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Mike Holmes wrote:

      > >From: Fred Hicks <iago@...>
      >
      > >>Is that a landscape style book or the full wrap around
      > >>cover?
      >
      > >Full wrap-around. :)
      >
      > Then I'm confused. Doesn't that mean that the logo is on
      > the back of the book? Or is the text in Arabic? ;-)

      It would mean that, yeah, if I'd typeset it like I'm going
      to typeset the cover. For the poster, the title's where it
      is. For the book cover, it's gonna centered towards the
      top of the right half of the image (the front cover).

      The back is going to have a blurb about the setting/game
      overlaying the darker areas.

      --
      Fred Hicks * "Curse you iago and your fast fingers!" - Rob Donoghue
      Co-Author of Fate - Author of Pace - Jim-Butcher.Com Webmaster - Weirdo
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 29, 2005
        On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Darren Hill wrote:

        > On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:18:56 -0400, Fred Hicks
        > <iago@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Our *likely* but uncomfirmed profile is: $35-40,
        > > hardcover, color exterior, black and white interior
        > > (though maybe with a 'spot color' added in, not sure),
        > > mid-200's in page count.
        >
        > Any idea if (or how) it's going to be available
        > internationally?

        Right now we're looking most strongly at Key20 Direct as
        our distributor/online storefront. If they can go
        international, you're set -- I haven't gotten to the point
        of investigating that side yet.

        --
        Fred Hicks * "Curse you iago and your fast fingers!" - Rob Donoghue
        Co-Author of Fate - Author of Pace - Jim-Butcher.Com Webmaster - Weirdo
        The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game - Coming in 2006
        http://www.dresdenfilesrpg.com/
      • Mike Holmes
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 29, 2005
          >From: Fred Hicks <iago@...>

          > It would mean that, yeah, if I'd typeset it like I'm going to typeset the
          >cover. For the poster, the title's where it is. For the book cover, it's
          >gonna centered towards the top of the right half of the image (the front
          >cover).

          >The back is going to have a blurb about the setting/game overlaying the
          >darker areas.

          Gotcha. Sounds very nice.

          Mike
        • Mike Holmes
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 29, 2005
            >From: Fred Hicks <iago@...>

            >Right now we're looking most strongly at Key20 Direct as our
            >distributor/online storefront. If they can go international, you're set --
            >I haven't gotten to the point of investigating that side yet.

            Blair does sell to distributors, but there has to be interest. So it could
            even show up in stores there, theoretically (a game that I'm associated with
            that he distributes sells in South Africa even).

            But they do ship internationally when you buy direct from them:
            http://www.key20direct.com/catalog/shipping.php

            Not cheap, but definitely possible.

            Mike
          • Darren Hill
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 29, 2005
              On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:00:09 -0500, Mike Holmes
              <mike_c_holmes@...> wrote:

              > But they do ship internationally when you buy direct from them:
              > http://www.key20direct.com/catalog/shipping.php
              >
              > Not cheap, but definitely possible.

              Having had a quick glance it doesn't look too bad, what with the value of
              the dollar (whatever we think about American policy, we can agree on this
              - I can get my games cheaper - go Bush!:))
              I certainly have time to save up anyway!

              Darren