Re: [FateRPG] The Dresden Files RPG Cover Art is In

  • Mike Holmes
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 29, 2005
      >From: Fred Hicks <iago@...>

      >>Is that a landscape style book or the full wrap around cover?

      >Full wrap-around. :)

      Then I'm confused. Doesn't that mean that the logo is on the back of the
      book? Or is the text in Arabic? ;-)

      Mike
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 29, 2005
        On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Mike Holmes wrote:

        > >From: Fred Hicks <iago@...>
        >
        > >>Is that a landscape style book or the full wrap around
        > >>cover?
        >
        > >Full wrap-around. :)
        >
        > Then I'm confused. Doesn't that mean that the logo is on
        > the back of the book? Or is the text in Arabic? ;-)

        It would mean that, yeah, if I'd typeset it like I'm going
        to typeset the cover. For the poster, the title's where it
        is. For the book cover, it's gonna centered towards the
        top of the right half of the image (the front cover).

        The back is going to have a blurb about the setting/game
        overlaying the darker areas.

        --
        Fred Hicks * "Curse you iago and your fast fingers!" - Rob Donoghue
        Co-Author of Fate - Author of Pace - Jim-Butcher.Com Webmaster - Weirdo
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 29, 2005
          On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Darren Hill wrote:

          > On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:18:56 -0400, Fred Hicks
          > <iago@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Our *likely* but uncomfirmed profile is: $35-40,
          > > hardcover, color exterior, black and white interior
          > > (though maybe with a 'spot color' added in, not sure),
          > > mid-200's in page count.
          >
          > Any idea if (or how) it's going to be available
          > internationally?

          Right now we're looking most strongly at Key20 Direct as
          our distributor/online storefront. If they can go
          international, you're set -- I haven't gotten to the point
          of investigating that side yet.

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 29, 2005
            >From: Fred Hicks <iago@...>

            > It would mean that, yeah, if I'd typeset it like I'm going to typeset the
            >cover. For the poster, the title's where it is. For the book cover, it's
            >gonna centered towards the top of the right half of the image (the front
            >cover).

            >The back is going to have a blurb about the setting/game overlaying the
            >darker areas.

            Gotcha. Sounds very nice.

            Mike
          • Mike Holmes
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 29, 2005
              >From: Fred Hicks <iago@...>

              >Right now we're looking most strongly at Key20 Direct as our
              >distributor/online storefront. If they can go international, you're set --
              >I haven't gotten to the point of investigating that side yet.

              Blair does sell to distributors, but there has to be interest. So it could
              even show up in stores there, theoretically (a game that I'm associated with
              that he distributes sells in South Africa even).

              But they do ship internationally when you buy direct from them:
              http://www.key20direct.com/catalog/shipping.php

              Not cheap, but definitely possible.

              Mike
            • Darren Hill
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 29, 2005
                On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:00:09 -0500, Mike Holmes
                <mike_c_holmes@...> wrote:

                > But they do ship internationally when you buy direct from them:
                > http://www.key20direct.com/catalog/shipping.php
                >
                > Not cheap, but definitely possible.

                Having had a quick glance it doesn't look too bad, what with the value of
                the dollar (whatever we think about American policy, we can agree on this
                - I can get my games cheaper - go Bush!:))
                I certainly have time to save up anyway!

                Darren