Re[2]: [FateRPG] 8 Phase Knight

  • GameKnight
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 21, 2003
      On 1/21/2003, you said:

      >> I am messing with a different format, something more
      >> matrix-like in layout. I'll post it if I think it helps
      >> the process.

      > Yes! Yes, please do!

      And so of course, I post a sheet with ERRORS on it! Perfect! Here is
      the correct version, hopefully, it's correct. :) I am sure I will
      hear about it if it isn't. <grin>

      Thanks for the feedback.

      And here is the way the stats turned out this time around:

      [][][] Knight 3
      [][] Obese 2
      [] Brawny
      [] Relic Sword
      [] Fearless

      Greatsword Great
      Diplomacy Good
      Riding Average
      Leadership Good
      Lance Fair
      Tactics Good
      First Aid Fair
      Etiquette Average
      Bellicose Lore Fair
      Survival Fair
      Order Bylaws Average
      Camping Average
      Alertness Average

      Item (3): Relic Sword
      Abilities:
      Unbreakable
      Aura of Might
      Glows/Hums

      Minion (2): Gairy the Squire,
      Mute, Lucky

      --
      Best regards,
      GameKnight GameKnight -at- attbi -dot- com

      ---
      Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
      ---
    • GameKnight
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 21, 2003
        On 1/21/2003, you said:

        > I see what you're getting at. I'll have to chew on it a bit.

        > I've also toyed with the idea of providing an online
        > tool that can be used to step through phase-to-phase
        > character creation, but that is a sufficiently large
        > task that I'm not liable to get to it anytime soon.

        Well, the thing that is tricky is the whole Pyramid thing. This
        requires you to pay attention and keep count of how high each skill is
        getting. I realize that the pyramid thing can be tossed to the wind,
        but it has some value in helping to create a more well-rounded
        character, so it would be nice to make it a little less cluttered.

        As I make the next several character (I have a total of 8 to do for a
        module I will be running at a local con in March), I'll pipe up with
        any other feedback.

        --
        Best regards,
        GameKnight GameKnight -at- attbi -dot- com

        ---
        If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
        ---
      • Iago
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 21, 2003
          8 x 4 = 32 skill levels

          5 x Average (1) = 5
          4 x Fair (2) = 8
          3 x Good (3) = 9
          1 x Great (4) = 4
          3 for a sword = 3
          2 for a minion = 2

          5 + 8 + 9 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 31

          I think you've shortchanged yourself by one this time around.
          At least in this case it's less of a problem. ;)

          --
          Fred Hicks <iago AT iago DOT net>
        • Iago
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 21, 2003
            On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, GameKnight wrote:

            > Well, the thing that is tricky is the whole Pyramid thing.
            > This requires you to pay attention and keep count of how
            > high each skill is getting. I realize that the pyramid
            > thing can be tossed to the wind, but it has some value in
            > helping to create a more well-rounded character, so it
            > would be nice to make it a little less cluttered.

            Yeah. I think you've given me some ideas as to how to deal
            with it, at least. I'll take a second run at a
            worksheet... sometime down the road.

            > As I make the next several character (I have a total of 8
            > to do for a module I will be running at a local con in
            > March), I'll pipe up with any other feedback.

            It's incredibly valuable. Thanks for your help!

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 21, 2003
              On 1/21/2003, you said:

              > 8 x 4 = 32 skill levels

              > 5 x Average (1) = 5
              > 4 x Fair (2) = 8
              > 3 x Good (3) = 9
              > 1 x Great (4) = 4
              > 3 for a sword = 3
              > 2 for a minion = 2

              > 5 + 8 + 9 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 31

              > I think you've shortchanged yourself by one this time around.
              > At least in this case it's less of a problem. ;)

              FATE, the Fudge Character Creation System that just might need a
              spreadsheet to get right...oh, boy...

              :) at least for me...

              --
              Best regards,
              GameKnight GameKnight -at- attbi -dot- com

              ---
              Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who
              are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
              ---