Re: The FateRPG 500!

  • Patrice LaFlamme
    Message 1 of 58 , Oct 31, 2004
      --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Fred Hicks <iago@i...> wrote:
      > * How'd you find Fate?

      I didn't find it....

      It found ME!

      Back in oh-so-many-years-ago, back in the "strong, stronger,
      strongest" days, on the fudge list, I saw Fred talking about it and
      had a long discussion with him about it.

      tried it with my players, it bombed, and I haven't talked to Fred
      again till I joined this list a few months ago ;)

      > * What do you like most about it?

      The way that everything fits together - not just the rules, but the
      rules AND the plot AND game universe AND the people playing.

      > * What do you like least?

      Trying to convert players, though that's not much of a hurdle - they
      either play FATE or they don't get to play at all ;)

      > * What things are you doing/have you done with it?

      Prensently GMing an Asimov-inspired science fiction/space opera game,
      with robots, mentalists, normal humans, and spaceships. It's a blast
      and all my players love it (so the previous point isn't too valid now
      ;) )

      > * What would be your 'dream project' with Fate?

      Building a machine that would allow me to visit the worlds I created.
      I don't think Fate will allow it, but with everything these guys come
      up with, who knows?

      Patrix.
    • Trip the Space Parasite
      Message 58 of 58 , Nov 5 3:02 PM
        In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Robert Donoghue <rdonoghue@m...> wrote:
        > So, here's a proposed alternate rule. when you finish a conflict of
        > any type, erase _All_ wound boxes, but if you have an injured (or taken
        > out) result, then add another aspect to your sheet to reflect the
        > injury (Broken Arm, Punctured Leg, Embarrassing Gaffe, Butt of the
        > Joke, Terrible Hangover or whatever).

        Have you read D Vincent Baker's excellent game _Dogs in the Vineyard_?
        This is pretty close to how he handles fallout from conflicts. (Well,
        one of the ways; there's a list you can choose from, but everything is
        mostly along these lines).

        If you haven't read _DitV_, I recommend it highly!
        (http://www.septemberquestion.org/lumpley/dogs.html)

        Trip
        --
        I write of things which I have neither seen nor learned from another,
        things which are not and never could have been, and therefore my readers