RE: Astral Projection my Kerberos Club Game

  • grumpyrpgreviews
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2013

      In terms of finding the body, the owner might have a "your getting hotter / your getting colder" sense about the location of the body, no specific idea of its location or direction in relation to the owner's location, just *knows* if it is near or far, getting closer or further away.

      As for the body being taken over, let someone else run it until the owner is able recover the body. And then they have to deal with the crap the thief did while in the body.

      --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, <faterpg@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I am playing a Kerberos Club game and one of my players has the ability to project his consciousness out of his body. One of the things that I wanted as a limitation of this power is that his body must remain in the same spot for him to find his way back. It makes doing this very dangerous in any but rather controlled situations. My question was a trolling for ideas of how to manage him finding his way back to his body when it is moved. I would like it to be dangerous but, obviously, dying is not a whole lot of fun. I want there to be consequences.

      One way I was thinking (just now) is maybe I could run it like a race where, like in the final scene of Twin Peaks, there is a doppelganger trying to race him back for his body. If he fails, the doppelganger jumps back into the empty body and his true character is stranded in the Astral realm forever, unless they can get him out. I could have him rewrite one of his aspects as "Spiritual Intruder" or "The Wrong One Came Back". It would allow him to keep playing his character as is but having a new aspect that I could compel to do horrible things.

      Any other ideas? This is, by the way, a rather dark game. I want there to be a feeling of "wow that is really cool but I don't want to do it very often because it kind of creeps me out".

      Thanks!

    • James Malaspino