Re: Splicing FATE Core & Strands of FATE for D&D players

  • Matt Kay
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 15, 2013
      --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "jstr4hire"  wrote:

      > I am just wondering why there are so many stress tracks?
      > is that a Strands of Fate concept?

      Sorry, should have made this more clear.

      The Stress track is indeed from Strands of FATE (actually Nova Praxis), as are the Weapon mechanics.

      It is quite different to FATE Core.  Essentially, for every skill over +0 in either Physique or Will, you get an extra stress box, with 3 being the minimum.  So a PC with a Great Physique has 7 Physical stress boxes.

      When a character takes damage, the amount of damage over the defense dictates how many boxes get checked off.  This starts at Mild, then moves up to Moderate, Severe and Extreme, with a corresponding Consequence when the full track is used up at each level.

      Anyway, I like this system better than FATE Core / FAE and it will be much more intuitive to my D&D group.

      > Also, is there any interest in a Fate Accelerated character sheet with the fold at the top?
      > I am running a lot of FeA games, especially at cons, where this format would really help out!
      > (Though I did add more stress boxes and extra consequences like on a standard character sheet, so that if the character has a stund that adds to them it can be represented.)

      I will be running my one-off session on the 1st July, so all my effort at the moment is in prep for that.

      I'd be happy to make FATE Core and FAE foldable Character Sheets after this is finished, so sometime in July.
    • Matt Kay
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 24 12:13 PM
        Wanted to let everyone on this thread know that I have tidied up the tri-fold character sheet to be compatible with Vanilla FATE Core, since this is what I've decided to use with my "D&D" group.

        I've linked to them over on the Google+ community:

        A4 International UK-English version (link)
        Letter US-English version (link)

        I may do a

        Cheers,
        Matt
      • Robert Rendell
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 24 7:07 PM

          Sweet!

          Nitpick: The "Severe" consequence slot is labelled as "Extreme."

          --
          Have fun,
          Rob Rendell