Re: [FateRPG] Player-driven compels of other players

  • John Rudd
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2013
      My read, both of the rules, and the summary answers given here, is:

      Effectively, yes.  But not technically.

      Technically, the explanation is that the compelling player gives their FP to the GM, either way...
      and the FP that is granted to the compelled player (if they accept) comes from the GM's pool.
      So, technically, the compelling player never directly gives an FP to the compelled player.

      On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM, alex.hamilton1804 <alex.hamilton.1804@...> wrote:

      If one player proposes a compel of another player's character, it costs the proposer a fate point. Am I correct to assume that this fate point goes to the "target" player if she accepts the compel, and to the GM if the target player refuses the compel?

      Also, does the target player have to pay a fate point to refuse a player-driven compel, as she would if it was a GM-driven compel? To whom does that go - GM or proposing player?

      Thanks!