Re: [FateRPG] Disarm

  • Dustin Evermore
    Message 1 of 53 , Apr 10, 2013
      Using Notice to create an advantage. Or whatever skill. I like placing aspects without having to spend a precious Fate point. :) YMMV.

      Place the aspect and you can then invoke that for a bonus to whatever action you are wanting to have happen.

      DE

      On Apr 10, 2013, at 3:42 PM, Bryce Perry <sandchigger@...> wrote:

      Is that using Notice to invoke an aspect that you can then tag to make them lose a footrace?

      On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Dustin Evermore <devermore@...> wrote:

      Ahahahahahaa!

      Love that. :)

      Notice that street punk's "fashionable" attire. Invoke "Low-hanging Pants" aspect for free for the win!

      On Apr 10, 2013, at 11:31 AM, Lisa Steele <steelelaw@...> wrote:

      I expect with the low-hanging pants fashion makes pantsing unchallenging.

    • Robert Hanz
      Message 53 of 53 , Apr 11, 2013

        My objective when constructing a world with the players in our collective imaginations is to do so in a way that feels as much as possible as something that was actually happening; not something we were watching on a movie.

        Strangely enough, that's the opposite reason of why I choose Fate as a game to play.  It does "flows like a TV show/movie" very well.  "Feels like something that's actually happening," not so much in my experience.

        Heck, I think that's the very definition of "fiction, not physics".

        Nothing wrong with either way of playing.  Fate just isn't my game of choice when I want to make a game where it "feels like something is actually happening."

        I also think it's a lot more fair for *players* to pull that kind of stunt than it necessarily is for a GM to pull that kind of stunt.  And there's also a difference between retroactively showing something, and retconning it (contradicting earlier stated facts).