Re: FATE w/cards + stuff? (was RE: [FateRPG] The FateRPG 400!)

  • fastinius
    Message 1 of 45 , Sep 1, 2004
      I like the poker chips. So then sitting on my Ranger aspect card is a stack of
      4 chips, then as I use the aspect, I take one chip off the stack and sit it next
      to it. I can then easily see the total count and the count of how many uses
      it has left.

      A good card design would have the name of the aspect on the top along with
      two circles, the same size as the poker chips. Then, as you stck the cards so
      that the tops are all visible, it would even look like a list of aspects on a written
      character sheet.

      nicely done.

    • DarkHost
      Message 45 of 45 , Sep 5, 2004
        At 08:20 AM 8/23/2004, you wrote:
        > > * How'd you find Fate?

        On the WFRP list. Ed Northcott has been touting FATE as an alternative to
        the WFRP rules.

        > > * What do you like most about it?

        One of my big peeves about most RPG rules is that they are really skirmish
        games. So what I really like is that in FATE conflict resolution (whether
        trying to smooth-talk the bartender or beat his brains out) is "modeled" in
        a consistent fashion. I also like that if you want to add granularity you
        can build challenge trees to your heart's content.

        > > * What do you like least?

        While not as bad as FUDGE, FATE's innate flexibility can also be a
        weakness. Sometimes it makes my head hurt to think about it. But then I'm
        not the most creative of roleplayers, so perhaps it's my failings and not
        those of FATE.

        > > * What things are you doing/have you done with it?

        Unfortunately, nothing. The one person that I know who might be interested
        in doing some RPGing is currently unavailable to play. So I just noodle
        with it a bit.

        > > * What would be your 'dream project' with Fate?

        None. My 'dream project' would just to be able to play on a semi-regular basis.

        -DH