Re: [FateRPG] Can Contests do This?!

  • Darren Hill
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 22, 2013
      I know of at least two alternate roll systems that have worked something like this.
      There's mine, up on the Wiki: http://evilhat.wikidot.com/quick-conflicts, inspired by trollbabe.
      Lenny proposed one which matches much closer what you are aiming for, inspired I think by the Lords of Middle Earth rpg. If you can finds it, check out the second post in thread with subject Quick Conflicts, dated 23/01/2007.

      On 20 March 2013 23:29, loconius2 <loconius@...> wrote:

      <<Skip if you understand how Smallville Mechanics work>>
      The agressor roleplays what he wants [making clear his intent like
      normal fate] and rolls his dice and gets an initial roll, invoking
      aspects if he wishes. The reacting party then roleplays his reaction
      and declares his own intent, but he isn't rolling a defense persay, but
      a counter "attack" in hopes of rolling higher. If he fails to roll
      higher then he suffers like normal; but if he does beat the original
      attacker, he becomes the attacker and it turns back to the other party
      who must now react to this new "attack" who must roll higher to wrestle
      back control if he wants to ultimately win.
      <<End of Explanation>>

      Could something like this work in Fate? It isn't quite like a conflict,