Re: [FateRPG] Re: More Expansions?

  • PK Levine
    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 3, 2013
      On Sunday, March 03, 2013 11:49:29 pm Jonathan Lang wrote:
      > That reminds me: a house rule to consider regarding Boosts would be that
      > they're good for one active use (either an Invoke or a Compel), as opposed
      > to one Invoke and an unlimited number of Compels.

      Wait, they're good for an unlimited number of compels? I thought that boosts,
      by definition, went away as soon as they were used.

      PK
    • Jon Lang
      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 13, 2013
        On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Leonard Balsera <lbalsera@...> wrote:

        On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Jon Lang <dataweaver@...> wrote:
        One of our rolls is going to have to be a "no" of some sort; but it can be a compensated no, where that person doesn't get what he was after but does get something useful.

        Sure, I feel you, but it's sort of splitting hairs at that point.

        Yep; which is a big part of why I'm comfortable with "no, but" being a possible Tie result: it is splitting hairs, as "yes, but" and "no, but" are a hair's breadth apart from each other, and it's largely a matter of perspective as to which is which.

        --
        Jonathan "Dataweaver" Lang