Re: [FateRPG] Swappable stunts?

  • John Rudd
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 2, 2013

      On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Joe Formoso <jformoso@...> wrote:

      On Sat, 2 Mar 2013, Brett Ritter wrote:

      > I'm curious to hear how it works out for you - so far I've heard of
      > stunt-like gear that isn't expected to change, or gear-as-aspect that
      > is expected to change. I've not heard of anyone trying (good or bad)
      > what you've said, please report on how you feel it works out in play!
      ----------
      Most definitely. Thanks for weighing in on stunt juggling.

      If you want to get a slight bit fiddly with it, you could take a nod from point-spend games like Hero:

      Have an "Extra" that is a "Gadget Pool".  The player commits N stunts to their Gadget Pool, and once committed they're stuck (you can't pull those stunts back out to spend on skill bonuses and things like that).

      But, every time they go back to base, they can re-allocate what's inside their gadget pool to change what gear they have for the next mission.  But the only Stunts that they can re-allocate are the ones that in the Gadget Pool.  The stunts that they've spent on other things are static for those other things.  That gives you a bit of a rule-based partition between the two expenditures of stunts ... if you think you need it.

      That also lets you mix Aspects and Stunts within the Extra, if you want.

    • Joe Formoso
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 2, 2013
        On Sat, 2 Mar 2013, Bryce Perry wrote:

        > My group doesn't want (or in my opinion need) to keep track of every
        > dollar they earn. Granularity might be good (MIGHT) in a dungeon
        > crawl, supplies-as-survival type game. But beyond that? Eh. Not
        > really.
        I agree -- I'm planning on a franchise Resources skill and
        Financial stress track.

        --Joe