Re: [FateRPG] Dresden Files...

  • Joshua Taylor
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 24, 2013
      You take 1 point of mental stress for just casting an evocation.  If you draw in extra power past your conviction, it requires an extra mental stress per point over conviction.   So, really...a spell requires "Overpower Number + 1" mental stress.

      If you then fail to control the spell, you have two options....   take mental or physical stress equal to the amount you failed by, or let it cause an un-desired effect.

      Josh

      On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM, Tim K. <silverlion@...> wrote:

      Aid me in discussion, the Magic rules (notably Evocation) are filled
      with a lot of setting text "in character" stuff that interrupts the flow
      of the rules.

      How does evocation work? Does it really tend to cause Stress every
      spell, or is this another person's misreading? My reading was that it
      was only if you tried to use/control more ranks than your conviction did
      you take stress.