Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

PAX East?

Expand Messages
  • Thomas
    Anything being run or demoed at PAX East?
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 24, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Anything being run or demoed at PAX East?
    • Thomas
      Is this not a good place to ask about FATE games being run at conventions? Does anyone here know where I should go to ask about Games at PAX east (Hint hint I
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 26, 2013
      • 0 Attachment
        Is this not a good place to ask about FATE games being run at conventions?
        Does anyone here know where I should go to ask about Games at PAX east (Hint hint I already tried the PAX east website)
        --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas" <tpryan01@...> wrote:
        >
        > Anything being run or demoed at PAX East?
        >
      • Frank Eastman
        ... probably wouldn t go wrong starting a game there or something to that nature. Seems to be a bit of a lack. --fje
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 26, 2013
        • 0 Attachment
          :)  I don't get to attend either PAX, but the complete silence suggests you probably wouldn't go wrong starting a game there or something to that nature.  Seems to be a bit of a lack.

          --fje


          On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Thomas <tpryan01@...> wrote:
           


          Is this not a good place to ask about FATE games being run at conventions?
          Does anyone here know where I should go to ask about Games at PAX east (Hint hint I already tried the PAX east website)


          --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas" wrote:
          >
          > Anything being run or demoed at PAX East?
          >


        • Fred Hicks
          I ll be there, but I m not planning on running anything. Typically what I do is gravitate to the open gaming area (it s a biiiig area) and just grab a table,
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 26, 2013
          • 0 Attachment
            I'll be there, but I'm not planning on running anything. Typically what I do is gravitate to the open gaming area (it's a biiiig area) and just grab a table, jaw with folks, play whatever games happen to come up.

            Fred

            On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Thomas <tpryan01@...> wrote:

            Is this not a good place to ask about FATE games being run at conventions?
            Does anyone here know where I should go to ask about Games at PAX east (Hint hint I already tried the PAX east website)
            --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas" <tpryan01@...> wrote:
            >
            > Anything being run or demoed at PAX East?
            >




            ------------------------------------

            | Fate * http://www.faterpg.com/
            | DFRPG * http://www.dresdenfilesrpg.com/
            | Evil Hat * http://www.evilhat.com/
            | Evil Hat Fan Wiki * http://evilhat.wikidot.com/Yahoo! Groups Links

            <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FateRPG/

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FateRPG/join
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                FateRPG-digest@yahoogroups.com
                FateRPG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                FateRPG-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

            <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/




            --
            Fred Hicks
            Co-President, Evil Hat Productions, LLC - www.evilhat.com
            Freelance Layoutist * Game Publishing Blogger - www.deadlyfredly.com
            For "real time" updates: http://twitter.com/fredhicks http://gplus.to/fredhicks
          • Jeff
            I ll be there as well this year. I think the difficulty with gaming at PAX is that there are so many other things going on, it s tough to commit to a specific
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 26, 2013
            • 0 Attachment
              I'll be there as well this year. I think the difficulty with gaming at PAX is that there are so many other things going on, it's tough to commit to a specific game or event. It's definitely more like a trade show than a 'con in that regard.

              But while we have Fred's ear . . .

              Fred, will you or any of the other Evil Hatters be participating in panels this year? I was bummed to miss your panel on Sunday last year.


              On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 5:59 PM, Fred Hicks <evilhat@...> wrote:
               

              I'll be there, but I'm not planning on running anything. Typically what I do is gravitate to the open gaming area (it's a biiiig area) and just grab a table, jaw with folks, play whatever games happen to come up.


              Fred

              On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Thomas <tpryan01@...> wrote:

              Is this not a good place to ask about FATE games being run at conventions?
              Does anyone here know where I should go to ask about Games at PAX east (Hint hint I already tried the PAX east website)
              --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas" <tpryan01@...> wrote:
              >
              > Anything being run or demoed at PAX East?
              >




              ------------------------------------ | Evil Hat Fan Wiki * http://evilhat.wikidot.com/Yahoo! Groups Links

              <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FateRPG/

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FateRPG/join
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  FateRPG-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  FateRPG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                  FateRPG-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

              <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/




              --
              Fred Hicks
              Co-President, Evil Hat Productions, LLC - www.evilhat.com
              Freelance Layoutist * Game Publishing Blogger - www.deadlyfredly.com
              For "real time" updates: http://twitter.com/fredhicks http://gplus.to/fredhicks


            • Fred Hicks
              Kickstarter has asked me to be part of their showroom , and I *might* be on a panel with them, but nothing s been confirmed w/me yet. ... -- Fred Hicks
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 26, 2013
              • 0 Attachment
                Kickstarter has asked me to be part of their "showroom", and I *might* be on a panel with them, but nothing's been confirmed w/me yet.

                On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM, Jeff <jbradley05@...> wrote:


                I'll be there as well this year. I think the difficulty with gaming at PAX is that there are so many other things going on, it's tough to commit to a specific game or event. It's definitely more like a trade show than a 'con in that regard.

                But while we have Fred's ear . . .

                Fred, will you or any of the other Evil Hatters be participating in panels this year? I was bummed to miss your panel on Sunday last year.


                On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 5:59 PM, Fred Hicks <evilhat@...> wrote:
                 

                I'll be there, but I'm not planning on running anything. Typically what I do is gravitate to the open gaming area (it's a biiiig area) and just grab a table, jaw with folks, play whatever games happen to come up.


                Fred

                On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Thomas <tpryan01@...> wrote:

                Is this not a good place to ask about FATE games being run at conventions?
                Does anyone here know where I should go to ask about Games at PAX east (Hint hint I already tried the PAX east website)
                --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas" <tpryan01@...> wrote:
                >
                > Anything being run or demoed at PAX East?
                >




                ------------------------------------ | Evil Hat Fan Wiki * http://evilhat.wikidot.com/Yahoo! Groups Links

                <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FateRPG/

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FateRPG/join
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    FateRPG-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    FateRPG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                    FateRPG-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/




                --
                Fred Hicks
                Co-President, Evil Hat Productions, LLC - www.evilhat.com
                Freelance Layoutist * Game Publishing Blogger - www.deadlyfredly.com
                For "real time" updates: http://twitter.com/fredhicks http://gplus.to/fredhicks







                --
                Fred Hicks
                Co-President, Evil Hat Productions, LLC - www.evilhat.com
                Freelance Layoutist * Game Publishing Blogger - www.deadlyfredly.com
                For "real time" updates: http://twitter.com/fredhicks http://gplus.to/fredhicks
              • Joe Formoso
                ... Pity I m going to miss PAX East. Any chance anyone from Evil Hat is going to be at DEXCON 16? I read recently that you were at Metatopia, and was kicking
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 26, 2013
                • 0 Attachment
                  On Tue, 26 Feb 2013, Fred Hicks wrote:

                  > I'll be there, but I'm not planning on running anything. Typically what I
                  > do is gravitate to the open gaming area (it's a biiiig area) and just grab
                  > a table, jaw with folks, play whatever games happen to come up.
                  ----------
                  Pity I'm going to miss PAX East. Any chance anyone from Evil
                  Hat is going to be at DEXCON 16? I read recently that you were at
                  Metatopia, and was kicking myself for missing it (despite the fact that
                  I didn't know a thing about Evil Hat when the con happened, and there
                  was in fact this really big storm in the way, so I likely couldn't have
                  gone even if I had planned to), and was hoping that meant that there was
                  a chance you'd be at DEXCON.


                  --Joe
                • Fred Hicks
                  Once I get past the two small kids time in my life, I ll work on making it to Dreamation/Dexcon again. But for the time being I m mainly just making time for
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 26, 2013
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Once I get past the "two small kids" time in my life, I'll work on making it to Dreamation/Dexcon again. But for the time being I'm mainly just making time for PAX East and Metatopia.

                    Fred

                    On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 8:54 PM, Joe Formoso <jformoso@...> wrote:
                    On Tue, 26 Feb 2013, Fred Hicks wrote:

                    > I'll be there, but I'm not planning on running anything. Typically what I
                    > do is gravitate to the open gaming area (it's a biiiig area) and just grab
                    > a table, jaw with folks, play whatever games happen to come up.
                    ----------
                            Pity I'm going to miss PAX East.  Any chance anyone from Evil
                    Hat is going to be at DEXCON 16?  I read recently that you were at
                    Metatopia, and was kicking myself for missing it (despite the fact that
                    I didn't know a thing about Evil Hat when the con happened, and there
                    was in fact this really big storm in the way, so I likely couldn't have
                    gone even if I had planned to), and was hoping that meant that there was
                    a chance you'd be at DEXCON.


                                                            --Joe


                    ------------------------------------

                    | Fate * http://www.faterpg.com/
                    | DFRPG * http://www.dresdenfilesrpg.com/
                    | Evil Hat * http://www.evilhat.com/
                    | Evil Hat Fan Wiki * http://evilhat.wikidot.com/Yahoo! Groups Links

                    <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FateRPG/

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FateRPG/join
                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:
                        FateRPG-digest@yahoogroups.com
                        FateRPG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                        FateRPG-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                    <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/




                    --
                    Fred Hicks
                    Co-President, Evil Hat Productions, LLC - www.evilhat.com
                    Freelance Layoutist * Game Publishing Blogger - www.deadlyfredly.com
                    For "real time" updates: http://twitter.com/fredhicks http://gplus.to/fredhicks
                  • Thomas
                    I will definitely be spending some time in the kickstarter room, i have heard a rumor there will be a games on demand area (hopefully a room and not in the
                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 26, 2013
                    • 0 Attachment
                      I will definitely be spending some time in the kickstarter room, i have heard a rumor there will be a "games on demand" area (hopefully a room and not in the open area)so I will look into that.
                      ...any chance of throwing money at you for the kickstarter when you are in the kickstarter room?



                      --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Fred Hicks <evilhat@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > Once I get past the "two small kids" time in my life, I'll work on making
                      > it to Dreamation/Dexcon again. But for the time being I'm mainly just
                      > making time for PAX East and Metatopia.
                      >
                      > Fred
                      >
                      > On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 8:54 PM, Joe Formoso <jformoso@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > On Tue, 26 Feb 2013, Fred Hicks wrote:
                      > >
                      > > > I'll be there, but I'm not planning on running anything. Typically what I
                      > > > do is gravitate to the open gaming area (it's a biiiig area) and just
                      > > grab
                      > > > a table, jaw with folks, play whatever games happen to come up.
                      > > ----------
                      > > Pity I'm going to miss PAX East. Any chance anyone from Evil
                      > > Hat is going to be at DEXCON 16? I read recently that you were at
                      > > Metatopia, and was kicking myself for missing it (despite the fact that
                      > > I didn't know a thing about Evil Hat when the con happened, and there
                      > > was in fact this really big storm in the way, so I likely couldn't have
                      > > gone even if I had planned to), and was hoping that meant that there was
                      > > a chance you'd be at DEXCON.
                      > >
                      > >
                      > > --Joe
                      > >
                      > >
                      > > ------------------------------------
                      > >
                      > > | Fate * http://www.faterpg.com/
                      > > | DFRPG * http://www.dresdenfilesrpg.com/
                      > > | Evil Hat * http://www.evilhat.com/
                      > > | Evil Hat Fan Wiki * http://evilhat.wikidot.com/Yahoo! Groups Links
                      > >
                      > >
                      > >
                      > >
                      >
                      >
                      > --
                      > Fred Hicks
                      > Co-President, Evil Hat Productions, LLC - www.evilhat.com
                      > Freelance Layoutist * Game Publishing Blogger - www.deadlyfredly.com
                      > For "real time" updates: http://twitter.com/fredhicks
                      > http://gplus.to/fredhicks
                      >
                    • Brett Ritter
                      ... Good grief...if other systems model their Kickstarters off of you, I ll never have spare cash again! -- Brett Ritter / SwiftOne swiftone@swiftone.org
                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 26, 2013
                      • 0 Attachment
                        On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Fred Hicks <evilhat@...> wrote:
                        > Kickstarter has asked me to be part of their "showroom", and I *might* be on a panel with them, but nothing's been confirmed w/me yet.

                        Good grief...if other systems model their Kickstarters off of you,
                        I'll never have spare cash again!

                        --
                        Brett Ritter / SwiftOne
                        swiftone@...
                      • Hollis McCray
                        ... My wife is already growling at me over what I ve been spending on Kickstarter. I d sworn off until the Fate Core kickstarter came along. This time it s
                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 26, 2013
                        • 0 Attachment
                          On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 11:04 PM, Brett Ritter <swiftone@...> wrote:
                           

                          On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Fred Hicks evilhat@...> wrote:
                          > Kickstarter has asked me to be part of their "showroom", and I *might* be on a panel with them, but nothing's been confirmed w/me yet.

                          Good grief...if other systems model their Kickstarters off of you,
                          I'll never have spare cash again!

                          My wife is already growling at me over what I've been spending on Kickstarter. I'd sworn off  until the Fate Core kickstarter came along. This time it's for keeps! No more Kickstarters until I start getting my Numenera books!
                           
                          --
                          Hollis McCray
                          aka The Fifth Wanderer

                          ascensionschild@...

                          "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere
                        • Dennis D Duquette
                          We have a family account for bills, groceries, kids stuff, etc. and personal accounts alongside. When I support a KickStarter, save up for a tablet, etc.
                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 27, 2013
                          • 0 Attachment
                            We have a family account for bills, groceries, kids' stuff, etc. and personal accounts alongside. When I support a KickStarter, save up for a tablet, etc. there's no guilt or argument, since it's my money. Also, giving my wife a gift or taking her on a date means spending personal money, not family money, and it's helping. 

                            Maybe it could work for you, too, Hollis, and anyone else with similar concerns. 

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            On Feb 27, 2013, at 1:19, Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...> wrote:

                             



                            On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 11:04 PM, Brett Ritter <swiftone@...> wrote:
                             

                            On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Fred Hicks evilhat@...> wrote:
                            > Kickstarter has asked me to be part of their "showroom", and I *might* be on a panel with them, but nothing's been confirmed w/me yet.

                            Good grief...if other systems model their Kickstarters off of you,
                            I'll never have spare cash again!

                            My wife is already growling at me over what I've been spending on Kickstarter. I'd sworn off  until the Fate Core kickstarter came along. This time it's for keeps! No more Kickstarters until I start getting my Numenera books!
                             
                            --
                            Hollis McCray
                            aka The Fifth Wanderer

                            ascensionschild@...

                            "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere

                          • Fred Hicks
                            Nope. :) Fred ... -- Fred Hicks Co-President, Evil Hat Productions, LLC - www.evilhat.com Freelance Layoutist * Game Publishing Blogger - www.deadlyfredly.com
                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 27, 2013
                            • 0 Attachment
                              Nope. :)

                              Fred

                              On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Thomas <tpryan01@...> wrote:
                              ...any chance of throwing money at you for the kickstarter when you are in the kickstarter room?




                              --
                              Fred Hicks
                              Co-President, Evil Hat Productions, LLC - www.evilhat.com
                              Freelance Layoutist * Game Publishing Blogger - www.deadlyfredly.com
                              For "real time" updates: http://twitter.com/fredhicks http://gplus.to/fredhicks
                            • Hollis McCray
                              Heh. I was mostly kidding. My wife and I discuss any kickstarter that comes to our attention, and exactly how much we re going to pledge. About a third of the
                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 27, 2013
                              • 0 Attachment
                                Heh. I was mostly kidding. My wife and I discuss any kickstarter that comes to our attention, and exactly how much we're going to pledge. About a third of the projects we back are of mutual interest, meaning that we both want to see it fly. And we rarely back two projects at the same time.

                                Of course, gaming stuff is usually on me, and it comes out of my personal 'fun money' budget  for the month. The only one of those that's really driven her up the wall was the Numenera kickstarter. We were backing the it and Gamers 3 movie at the same time, and while Numenera was going insane, Gamers 3 was... looking doubtful there for a bit. (It funded, with some to spare.)

                                Kickstarters, on the whole, have been a positive experience for me. Almost every project I've backed has funded, and I've had fairly good experiences with the creators. I know Monte Cook wrote a book about running a successful crowdfunded project. Maybe someone needs to write a book about backing such projects?

                                (And yes, I know this is something of an off-topic ramble. I do apologize to one and all. Now to get started with the working day.)

                                On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 4:19 AM, Dennis D Duquette <dennisdduquette@...> wrote:
                                 

                                We have a family account for bills, groceries, kids' stuff, etc. and personal accounts alongside. When I support a KickStarter, save up for a tablet, etc. there's no guilt or argument, since it's my money. Also, giving my wife a gift or taking her on a date means spending personal money, not family money, and it's helping. 

                                Maybe it could work for you, too, Hollis, and anyone else with similar concerns. 

                                Sent from my iPhone

                                On Feb 27, 2013, at 1:19, Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...> wrote:

                                 



                                On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 11:04 PM, Brett Ritter <swiftone@...> wrote:
                                 

                                On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Fred Hicks evilhat@...> wrote:
                                > Kickstarter has asked me to be part of their "showroom", and I *might* be on a panel with them, but nothing's been confirmed w/me yet.

                                Good grief...if other systems model their Kickstarters off of you,
                                I'll never have spare cash again!

                                My wife is already growling at me over what I've been spending on Kickstarter. I'd sworn off  until the Fate Core kickstarter came along. This time it's for keeps! No more Kickstarters until I start getting my Numenera books!
                                 
                                --
                                Hollis McCray
                                aka The Fifth Wanderer

                                ascensionschild@...

                                "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere




                                --
                                Hollis McCray
                                aka The Fifth Wanderer

                                ascensionschild@...

                                "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere
                              • Travis Heldibridle
                                ... This email really resonates for me. I ve been gaming for two decades, but most of that with the same group of guys playing the same games. The stories
                                Message 15 of 23 , Feb 27, 2013
                                • 0 Attachment
                                  On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 5:59 PM, Fred Hicks <evilhat@...> wrote:

                                  I'll be there, but I'm not planning on running anything. Typically what I do is gravitate to the open gaming area (it's a biiiig area) and just grab a table, jaw with folks, play whatever games happen to come up.


                                  Fred
                                   
                                  This email really resonates for me. I've been gaming for two decades, but most of that with the same group of guys playing the same games. The stories we've created together have been fantastic, but this email makes me feel like I've missed out on a really fun aspect of this hobby. I really need to get to a convention.
                                • Michael Hopcroft
                                  My PBP group is willing to try the new stunt levels. Now I have to be clear on what they are. There was talk of starting with 3 Stunts and a Refresh of 3 as
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Mar 3, 2013
                                  • 0 Attachment
                                    My PBP group is willing to try the new stunt levels. Now I have to be clear
                                    on what they are. There was talk of starting with 3 Stunts and a Refresh of
                                    3 as opposed to starting with two stunts.

                                    Is that right? Are there other details I need to tell my players about (we
                                    are approaching the end of character creation, which takes a while in a
                                    play-by-post game)?

                                    Michael Hopcroft
                                  • PK Levine
                                    ... I m a little confused, sorry. What are these new stunt levels? Did I miss the revised Core stunt rules release? PK
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Mar 3, 2013
                                    • 0 Attachment
                                      On Sunday, March 03, 2013 11:06:55 pm Michael Hopcroft wrote:
                                      > My PBP group is willing to try the new stunt levels. Now I have to be clear
                                      > on what they are. There was talk of starting with 3 Stunts and a Refresh of
                                      > 3 as opposed to starting with two stunts.

                                      I'm a little confused, sorry. What are these new stunt levels? Did I miss the
                                      revised Core stunt rules release?

                                      PK
                                    • Stephen Figgins
                                      No new release, just something I think Fred mentioned about the upcoming revision. It was in a thread where someone was statting up centurions for Fate Core.
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Mar 4, 2013
                                      • 0 Attachment
                                        No new release, just something I think Fred mentioned about the upcoming revision. It was in a thread where someone was statting up centurions for Fate Core.  The OP had statted with two free stunts and four refresh.   The suggestion was that in the new release the default would grant three free stunts and have a refresh of three. 



                                      • Bryce Perry
                                        Wow. That s very nearly a doubling of the current release. That would be a pretty big change. I hope they include more example stunts if they choose to go this
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Mar 4, 2013
                                        • 0 Attachment
                                          Wow. That's very nearly a doubling of the current release. That would be a pretty big change.

                                          I hope they include more example stunts if they choose to go this way.

                                          On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Stephen Figgins <stephen@...> wrote:
                                           

                                          No new release, just something I think Fred mentioned about the upcoming revision. It was in a thread where someone was statting up centurions for Fate Core.  The OP had statted with two free stunts and four refresh.   The suggestion was that in the new release the default would grant three free stunts and have a refresh of three. 




                                        • Fred Hicks
                                          The stunts are getting revised. We re probably not providing *more* of them, though. Fred ... -- Fred Hicks Co-President, Evil Hat Productions, LLC -
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Mar 4, 2013
                                          • 0 Attachment
                                            The stunts are getting revised. We're probably not providing *more* of them, though.

                                            Fred

                                            On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Bryce Perry <sandchigger@...> wrote:


                                            Wow. That's very nearly a doubling of the current release. That would be a pretty big change.

                                            I hope they include more example stunts if they choose to go this way.


                                            On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Stephen Figgins <stephen@...> wrote:
                                             

                                            No new release, just something I think Fred mentioned about the upcoming revision. It was in a thread where someone was statting up centurions for Fate Core.  The OP had statted with two free stunts and four refresh.   The suggestion was that in the new release the default would grant three free stunts and have a refresh of three. 









                                            --
                                            Fred Hicks
                                            Co-President, Evil Hat Productions, LLC - www.evilhat.com
                                            Freelance Layoutist * Game Publishing Blogger - www.deadlyfredly.com
                                            For "real time" updates: http://twitter.com/fredhicks http://gplus.to/fredhicks
                                          • Leonard Balsera
                                            I can confirm the 3/3 split, though. And a bunch of sidebars in character creation that talk generally about what futzing with the dials does. -- Leonard
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Mar 4, 2013
                                            • 0 Attachment
                                              I can confirm the 3/3 split, though. And a bunch of sidebars in character creation that talk generally about what futzing with the dials does.

                                              --
                                              Leonard Balsera, Fate System Developer for Evil Hat Productions
                                              lbalsera@...
                                              www.evilhat.com
                                              https://www.facebook.com/EvilHatProductions
                                            • Stephen Figgins
                                              It has also been said that stunts will be more oomphy.
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Mar 4, 2013
                                              • 0 Attachment
                                                It has also been said that stunts will be more "oomphy."


                                                On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Bryce Perry <sandchigger@...> wrote:


                                                Wow. That's very nearly a doubling of the current release. That would be a pretty big change.

                                                I hope they include more example stunts if they choose to go this way.


                                                On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Stephen Figgins <stephen@...> wrote:
                                                 

                                                No new release, just something I think Fred mentioned about the upcoming revision. It was in a thread where someone was statting up centurions for Fate Core.  The OP had statted with two free stunts and four refresh.   The suggestion was that in the new release the default would grant three free stunts and have a refresh of three. 







                                              • Leonard Balsera
                                                ... Some of them will be, yeah. Probably not to the degree some folks are expecting, probably more than some folks are expecting. Like, frex, some stunts only
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Mar 4, 2013
                                                • 0 Attachment
                                                  On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 9:33 AM, Stephen Figgins <stephen@...> wrote:

                                                  It has also been said that stunts will be more "oomphy."

                                                  Some of them will be, yeah. Probably not to the degree some folks are expecting, probably more than some folks are expecting. Like, frex, some stunts only changed in terms of explaining what would happen if you *didn't* have the stunt. Some got stricken completely and replaced with new ones. Some had the actual effect revised, etc etc ad nauseam.

                                                  --
                                                  Leonard Balsera, Fate System Developer for Evil Hat Productions
                                                  lbalsera@...
                                                  www.evilhat.com
                                                  https://www.facebook.com/EvilHatProductions
                                                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.