Re: Modding the Core - Advice?

  • gremlin1384
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2013
      Okay, since nobody else is replying, I'll put in my two cents. I'm also modding a full system for the first time, but I can share what I'm doing. I'm working on a project based on Fate Core (you may remember me pitching "Star Trek on the High Seas" on here a few months ago). My plan is to throw in pretty much everything from Fate Core that's OGL, modded for the setting and cutting out stuff that's irrelevant, such as most of the Extras chapter and the information on designing skill lists, etc.

      Then, with the rule basics covered, I've got planned chapters on:
      -extras specific to the setting (magic and that)
      -information on the world and cultures (little to no rules in there)
      -a bestiary and guidelines on how to build your own critters
      -same for magical artifacts
      -same for the mythical islands that form the focus of the game
      -info on ship-to-ship combat
      -character archetypes, much like yours.

      So... fairly comparable to your plans. Sounds like I'm planning on going more in-depth in some areas than you are, and vice-versa.

      Hope having something to compare to helps out.