Re: Dark Age Britain, powered by FATE

  • paul_mitchener
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
      Hi,

      I'm one of the two Age of Arthur authors, so I thought I'd thank Michael for mentioning the game here, and also join the discussion!

      To answer the last question, although Age of Arthur is based on the Diaspora take on FATE, it's based on it in much the same way that Diaspora is based on Spirit of the Century, and we've diverged from it in several ways. In particular, the rule that Aspects must be invoked before a roll to give a bonus is new to Age of Arthur.

      I'm happy to answer other questions about the game.

      Best,

      Paul

      --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, J B Bell <tquidca@...> wrote:

      > I'm pretty sure that fate point expenditures for +2 are allowed post-roll
      > in Diaspora. Do you have a page for where it says you can only spend such
      > points pre-roll?
      >
      > --JB

    • paul_mitchener
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 3, 2013
        Hi again,

        I just thought I'd mention that Age of Arthur is now available in PDF from rpg.now:

        http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?currency=GBP&products_id=111752

        We estimate May for the print version. If you buy the game in pdf, you'll get a $15 discount voucher for the print version when it's released, so the price of buying the pdf now and print later is the same as a print+pdf bundle when it's available.

        If you're not interested, apologies for sending an ad to your inbox :-)

        Best,

        Paul
      • paul_mitchener
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 28, 2013
          Greetings,

          I thought some people might be interested in knowing that the Fate-based Age of Arthur RPG is now available in both print and PDF, over on DrivethruRpg and RPGNow. Prices are:

          PDF Only: $15 (approximately £10)
          Black and White Paperback: $23 (approximately £15)
          Black and White Hardback: $28 (approximately £18.50)
          Premium Colour Paperback: $45 (approximately £29)
          Premium Colour Hardback: $50 (approximately £32.50)
          (all plus any postage and packaging costs)

          The print versions include the PDF at no extra cost.

          Those who have already purchased the PDF should have been sent discount codes for all of the different print versions. If you haven't got the codes (and they're not in your spam folder ;-) ) and want them, then please get in touch!

          Here's a link:
          http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/111752/Age-of-Arthur

          All the best,

          Paul