Re: Question on Creating an Advantage

  • Merc
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 20, 2013
      Joe Formoso wrote:

      > So, inventing an
      > example: let's say I have a Fast Talk skill and roll to create an
      > advantage, seeking to place an aspect like "Dazed and Confused" on a
      > guard so he'll be more susceptible to subsequent attempts to bamboozle
      > him. If I *fail* the roll, I *still* place the aspect on the
      > guard?

      Sure. For example, he might be now so confused that he's lost the thread entirely of just what it was that you were trying to bamboozle him into in the first place. Sort of how I feel after reading certain spam bamboozling emails -- confused, sure, but no more likely to go along with whatever it is they might actually want out of me.

      It's probably no big deal to decide on a failure that his state of mind is closer to 'Confused and Irritated', either. Or if you really sincerely want nothing to happen, no problem.

      Cheers,
      Roger