Which edition?

  • Brett Ritter
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2013
      So is Core Fate 3 or Fate 4?

      --
      Brett Ritter / SwiftOne
      swiftone@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2013
        Core rhymes with...

        On Sunday, January 27, 2013, Brett Ritter wrote:
        So is Core Fate 3 or Fate 4?

        --
        Brett Ritter / SwiftOne
        swiftone@...

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            FateRPG-digest@yahoogroups.com
            FateRPG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        Fred Hicks
        Co-President, Evil Hat Productions, LLC - www.evilhat.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 27, 2013
          On 27/01/13 14:12, Fred Hicks wrote:

          > Core rhymes with...

          You can use whatever versioning nomenclature you want, but I always
          considered that major numbers should refer to big architectural changes,
          while minor numbers should refer to smaller changes (tunning). Version
          numbers are often used for political reasons, even if there isn't a big
          change between the versions, though.

          I always saw SotC as Fate 3.0, Dresden Files as Fate 3.1, and Fate Core
          as Fate 3.2. Mind you, I don't own SotC (I know there's a Spanish
          company translating it, and I want to support translations to my
          language, even if that means I pay a premium)
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 27, 2013
            Whereas I see a pretty clear jump and change in functions and terminology between SOTC/DF and Core, so using the exact same reasoning, it strikes me as a 3.1 to 4.0 jump.

            That said: not really into using numbers at all. This is Fate Core. :)

            Fred