Re: [FateRPG] [Strands of Fate]

  • U.N.Owen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 19, 2013
      Actually, that was quite helpful. I'd still be inclined to say that Power Attack: Melee is a zero-range weapon, but I guess it does make sense if the attack was something like a polearm or something. I guess that's something where maybe you can logically base the range of it based on the attached Power Aspect between 0 and the Affinity Ability. I dunno, as written I assume that you're correct, but FATE has always been a game where you take what you want and change what you don't with little to no disruption of the other components.

      Anyhow, yes, yes, that was very helpful, thank you.

      On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 4:39 AM, Nicola Urbinati <urbaman@...> wrote:

      In Strands of Fate 2nd Printing, Range rules for Powers are on page 94:
      "Unless otherwise specified, Powers have a Range rating equal to its Associated Affinity ability's rank. [...]"

      I read the Attack Powers as follows:

      Melee: can be made at range, but it's actually melee (attack and defense abilities, consequences, ...). It's like a Magical Sword appearing at the distance required.

      Range: it's normal range attack, optionally made at +3 Range rating with the extra Range.

      Il 16/01/2013 22:38, U.N.Owen ha scritto:

      I can't, for the life of me, find what the standard range for Ranged Power Attack is. I'm assuming, because it's unlisted, that it's zero, which seems a bit myopic to me. However, it'd be logical to play it as one or two.

      However, there's no way to reduce the range on it, and only one option to increase the range, which leads me to believe that the standard might be zero unless increased by paying the extra advantage point to raise the range to 3. Does that seem about right to anybody else? Am I just somehow totally missing the range?