Re: Transhuman Space on FATE?

  • alexflipside
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2013
      Thank you all for answering!

      I was planning to go for light crunch, in any case. That's one of the reasons I picked FATE and not GURPS. I love it to bits, but I will be simply unable to run it with the crunch it deserves (GURPS Vehicles, anyone). I have repeatedly used GURPS as sourcebooks, however.

      That said, I will be using revamping some of the skills (including, but not limited to Memetics, Third Wave (computers, robotics, etc), Fourth Wave (Biotech, healing and such) and Fifth Wave (Nanotech, with some possibilities for gadgeteering. )

      More importantly, I will be using Dresden Files' Ritual Magic rules for Memetics. If anyone's interested or wants to offer input, I will post in here.

      --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "sarah650213" wrote:

      > Hi Alex,
      >
      > The new Mindjammer 2nd edition will be out in April (PDF) and May (hardback) - the default setting is far future transhuman space opera, but the rules cover just what you're looking for. It's a Fate Core game. :-)
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Sarah

      > > I would need rules for cyberware, computer skulduggery and general sense for near-future roleplaying.
      > >
      > > Thank you all in advance!
      > >
      > > Alex

    • Loic Prot
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2013
        Hello

        Sorry for the late answer:
        Back in the days (... 10 years ago ?! damn !), I wrote a Fudge THS adaptation... Never playtested it, but you could find some things you like there:

        http://fudge.ouvaton.org/fths.html

        Keep us posted on your efforts !

        Loïc