Re: Spirit of the Slayers

  • Village6
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2013
      #1 I would recommend that you pick up FateCore via the kickstarter, and learn how to play it RAW. Once you understand Fate, then you can look to hack it from a position of familiarized enlightenment, instead of taking third party advice about what makes it "it".

      #2 FATE is very scalable, and the characters you describe in Slayers as powerful should be no problem. My last Fate game was hacked so that we were playing Isis, Archangel Michael, and Loki, among others, and Fate handled the challenges of Godhood quite nicely.

      #3 Most of epic-ness and comedic stuff will be handled by Aspects in Fate, as well as your players use and interpretation of them.

      Lastly, I'd like to reiterate #1, as you are overestimating the difficulty of using Fate to model virtually any type/genre of game. Learn Fate RAW, and your conversion will be easy once you are familiar with Fate.

      Be seeing you...
      - #6