Re: [FateRPG] Re: Newb Questions

  • Lisa Steele
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 28, 2012
      Capt. Jim May from Louis L'Amour's short stories?

      He's a ship captain, but there are relatively few instances of him doing boat guy stuff -- he captains, he navigates, he steers the ship in heavy seas (and his ship eventually gets both its own float plane and mini-sub). Unless I were running a campaign based around sea adventures, I'd tend to let it fall under other skills -- driving at a penalty perhaps, or even survival (for small craft like canoes typically used by exploers).