Re: [FateRPG] Re: Fate Core in a Nutshell Draft!

  • Brett Ritter
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 10, 2012

      On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Antoni Ten <kuroshima@...> wrote:
      While I have not had the chance to read it myself, I trust you guys to get it right. I want to know what licence you attach to it, because I want to translate it into Spanish, for my own game. I will need to add the bits for Wild Blue gifts, because that is the setting I am going to use though.

      Assuming "it" refers to the nutshell - this is just a fan document (apparently one of several!), and while the (scant) text is original* I'd recommend waiting until Fate Core itself is released, at which point I'll use whatever CC license they're using and you can go from there.  (and if anyone wants to hack any part of the text in any other way that doesn't involve annoying Evil Hat, there will be no complaint from me)

      While Fate Core is pretty darn awesome, it's only fair to make sure they get a chance to finish any polish, not to mention allowing them full sales of the Kickstarter.   Fred was kind enough to "go-ahead" the nutshell on the list, but I don't want anyone at Evil Hat to regret their cooperation :)

      *The capable, proactive characters part was a direct quote though.
      --
      Brett Ritter / SwiftOne
      swiftone@...
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 10, 2012

        On 11 Dec 2012 08:22, "Brett Ritter" <swiftone@...> wrote:
        > Assuming "it" refers to the nutshell - this is just a fan document (apparently one of several!), and while the (scant) text is original* I'd recommend waiting until Fate Core itself is released, at which point I'll use whatever CC license they're using and you can go from there.  (and if anyone wants to hack any part of the text in any other way that doesn't involve annoying Evil Hat, there will be no complaint from me)
        >
        > While Fate Core is pretty darn awesome, it's only fair to make sure they get a chance to finish any polish, not to mention allowing them full sales of the Kickstarter.   Fred was kind enough to "go-ahead" the nutshell on the list, but I don't want anyone at Evil Hat to regret their cooperation :)
        >
        > *The capable, proactive characters part was a direct quote though.

        Obviously I was referring to the nutshell document. I am going to wait until FATE Core is officially out to distribute my translation, out of respect for Evil Hat. However knowing what licence you plan to use is always a reassurance.

      • John Rudd
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 20, 2013
          Has this been updated to reflect changes in the final draft of Fate Core?

          On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 7:44 PM, Brett Ritter <swiftone@...> wrote:

          The challenge went out and now it's been answered (at least once).

          I've uploaded it to the Yahoo group (default folder).  It's probably terribly inaccurate as I was typing from memory, but it's a start we can comment on and improve from.

          I'll try to link it here, but I'm not necessarily strong on linking through yahoogroups:

          http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/sKHGUNaSOsMgW-4WsUD0tkng5ExBJ9RdU6v1-3Z0VrgzIc_NiKAoh_0tqPjVJoj2YmJCOeolwycdoa7CD5NTkvKTssxMDPpNG7vHnQ/FateCoreNutshell.pdf

          --
          Brett Ritter / SwiftOne
          swiftone@...

        • Brett Ritter
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 20, 2013
            On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM, John Rudd <johnkzin@...> wrote:
            > Has this been updated to reflect changes in the final draft of Fate Core?

            No - I'll see if I can snag some time this weekend to do that.

            --
            Brett Ritter / SwiftOne
            swiftone@...
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 20, 2013
              Cool. Just a heads up, every Fate Core cheat sheet seems to avoid breaking down what Fate points can be spent on and how players can earn them.

              i.e. Most cheat sheets get into the four type of Outcomes and manipulating Aspects