Re: Digest Number 3552

  • Jonathan Gwilliams
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
      This is completely irrelevant but, if I remember rightly, I think Spirit of the Century is Crown Quarto size.
      Digest size itself has no precise measurements, but is roughly what you'd get if you folded a sheet of letter-size paper in half so its short edges met.

      -Ash
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
        Yeah, SOTC is in the popular 6"x9" format. Whatever that's called.

        On Sunday, December 2, 2012, Jonathan Gwilliams wrote:
        This is completely irrelevant but, if I remember rightly, I think Spirit of the Century is Crown Quarto size.
        Digest size itself has no precise measurements, but is roughly what you'd get if you folded a sheet of letter-size paper in half so its short edges met.

        -Ash

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            FateRPG-digest@yahoogroups.com
            FateRPG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        Fred Hicks
        Co-President, Evil Hat Productions, LLC - www.evilhat.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
          Ooh, me likey!

          Don't set me wrong, full sized books are nice sometimes sure, but they are a lot lore awkward to carry to a game when your bag is already stuffed with notes, dice, fate chips, writing implements, maybe some markers for the whiteboard, etc & when it comes to thongs like rulebooks you might only crack open every few games after the initial learning period it makes for a difficult choice if it's full sized thing like the two Dresden books stuffing my bag. A cool addition might be if it was punched to slip into a GM's 3ring binder :)

          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
            Folks who wanna hole-punch can print out the PDF. :)

            Fred

            On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 1:34 PM, afategm <afategm@...> wrote:

            Ooh, me likey!

            Don't set me wrong, full sized books are nice sometimes sure, but they are a lot lore awkward to carry to a game when your bag is already stuffed with notes, dice, fate chips, writing implements, maybe some markers for the whiteboard, etc & when it comes to thongs like rulebooks you might only crack open every few games after the initial learning period it makes for a difficult choice if it's full sized thing like the two  Dresden books stuffing my bag. A cool addition might be if it was punched to slip into a GM's 3ring binder :)
            --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Fred Hicks <evilhat@...> wrote:

            > Yeah, SOTC is in the popular 6"x9" format. Whatever that's called.
            >
            > On Sunday, December 2, 2012, Jonathan Gwilliams wrote:
            >
            > > This is completely irrelevant but, if I remember rightly, I think Spirit
            > > of the Century is Crown Quarto size.
            > > Digest size itself has no precise measurements, but is roughly what you'd
            > > get if you folded a sheet of letter-size paper in half so its short edges
            > > met.
            > >
            > > -Ash

            > Fred Hicks
            > Co-President, Evil Hat Productions, LLC - www.evilhat.com
            > Freelance Layoutist * Game Publishing Blogger - www.deadlyfredly.com
            > For "real time" updates: http://twitter.com/fredhicks
            > http://gplus.to/fredhicks

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                FateRPG-digest@yahoogroups.com
                FateRPG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            --
            Fred Hicks
            Co-President, Evil Hat Productions, LLC - www.evilhat.com
            Freelance Layoutist * Game Publishing Blogger - www.deadlyfredly.com
            For "real time" updates: http://twitter.com/fredhicks http://gplus.to/fredhicks
          • Filipe Cunha
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
              By ISO standards, that's a A5.

              On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Fred Hicks <evilhat@...> wrote:

[...]

              ------------------------------
              Designer
              www.augead.com.br

                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
                  I'm not sure I can think of a more pedantic discussion to be having, but at least it's keeping the list going, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

                  On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Fred Hicks <evilhat@...> wrote:

                  According to this http://www.papersizes.org/a-paper-sizes.htm A5 is 5.8" x 8.3". So not quite.

                  Fred

                • Brett Ritter
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
                    On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Nobilis Reed <authornobilis@...> wrote:
                    I'm not sure I can think of a more pedantic discussion to be having, but at least it's keeping the list going, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

                    We need something to fill the interminable minutes until the kickstarter begins beyond repeatedly hitting Refresh and glaring at the clock...

                    Hey Fred - How long is the kickstarter planned for?  I just reread everything (trying to to be redundant but couldn't find that)

                    --
                    Brett Ritter / SwiftOne
                    swiftone@...