Re: [FateRPG] Digest Number 3552

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 30, 2012
      I think you'll be happy.

      On Friday, November 30, 2012, ron beck wrote:
      what I would like to see in the fate core book is more of a format issue.

      I would like it to be digest sized (no idea if that is the proper name for it, but the same size as Spirit of the Century)

      and I would like it to have markings along the edges of the pages that are visible when the book is closed that you can thumb to for particular chapters.

      for examples, see the Hero system 6th edition books, Mistborn, and Basic Roleplay from Chaosium.

      the first I can take or leave, but the second really helps find things quickly in the middle of the game
      ======
      A wise Pokemon master knows, Never get involved in a cat-fight -- Brock

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          FateRPG-digest@yahoogroups.com
          FateRPG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Fred Hicks
      Co-President, Evil Hat Productions, LLC - www.evilhat.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
        This is completely irrelevant but, if I remember rightly, I think Spirit of the Century is Crown Quarto size.
        Digest size itself has no precise measurements, but is roughly what you'd get if you folded a sheet of letter-size paper in half so its short edges met.

        -Ash

          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
            Ooh, me likey!

            Don't set me wrong, full sized books are nice sometimes sure, but they are a lot lore awkward to carry to a game when your bag is already stuffed with notes, dice, fate chips, writing implements, maybe some markers for the whiteboard, etc & when it comes to thongs like rulebooks you might only crack open every few games after the initial learning period it makes for a difficult choice if it's full sized thing like the two Dresden books stuffing my bag. A cool addition might be if it was punched to slip into a GM's 3ring binder :)

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
              Folks who wanna hole-punch can print out the PDF. :)

              Fred

              On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 1:34 PM, afategm <afategm@...> wrote:

              Ooh, me likey!

              Don't set me wrong, full sized books are nice sometimes sure, but they are a lot lore awkward to carry to a game when your bag is already stuffed with notes, dice, fate chips, writing implements, maybe some markers for the whiteboard, etc & when it comes to thongs like rulebooks you might only crack open every few games after the initial learning period it makes for a difficult choice if it's full sized thing like the two  Dresden books stuffing my bag. A cool addition might be if it was punched to slip into a GM's 3ring binder :)
              --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Fred Hicks <evilhat@...> wrote:

              > Yeah, SOTC is in the popular 6"x9" format. Whatever that's called.
              >
              > On Sunday, December 2, 2012, Jonathan Gwilliams wrote:
              >
              > > This is completely irrelevant but, if I remember rightly, I think Spirit
              > > of the Century is Crown Quarto size.
              > > Digest size itself has no precise measurements, but is roughly what you'd
              > > get if you folded a sheet of letter-size paper in half so its short edges
              > > met.
              > >
              > > -Ash

              > Fred Hicks
              > Co-President, Evil Hat Productions, LLC - www.evilhat.com
              > Freelance Layoutist * Game Publishing Blogger - www.deadlyfredly.com
              > For "real time" updates: http://twitter.com/fredhicks
              > http://gplus.to/fredhicks

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  FateRPG-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  FateRPG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              --
              Fred Hicks
              Co-President, Evil Hat Productions, LLC - www.evilhat.com
              Freelance Layoutist * Game Publishing Blogger - www.deadlyfredly.com
              For "real time" updates: http://twitter.com/fredhicks http://gplus.to/fredhicks
            • Filipe Cunha
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
                By ISO standards, that's a A5.

                On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Fred Hicks <evilhat@...> wrote:

[...]

                ------------------------------
                Designer
                www.augead.com.br

                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
                    I'm not sure I can think of a more pedantic discussion to be having, but at least it's keeping the list going, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

                    On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Fred Hicks <evilhat@...> wrote:

                    According to this http://www.papersizes.org/a-paper-sizes.htm A5 is 5.8" x 8.3". So not quite.

                    Fred

                  • Brett Ritter
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
                      On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Nobilis Reed <authornobilis@...> wrote:
                      I'm not sure I can think of a more pedantic discussion to be having, but at least it's keeping the list going, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

                      We need something to fill the interminable minutes until the kickstarter begins beyond repeatedly hitting Refresh and glaring at the clock...

                      Hey Fred - How long is the kickstarter planned for?  I just reread everything (trying to to be redundant but couldn't find that)

                      --
                      Brett Ritter / SwiftOne
                      swiftone@...