any free adventures out there?

  • JohnS
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1 1:46 PM
      Hi
      I'm wanting to introduce our gaming group to FATE or Free Fate and I was looking for a free adventure to run for them. Any adventures available online? I'm looking for something playable in a few hours. If it goes over well we might pick up the Dresden Files rpg, but for now any genre would work.
      Thanks,
      John
    • Jens Alfke
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1 2:48 PM
        On May 1, 2012, at 1:46 PM, JohnS wrote:

        > I'm wanting to introduce our gaming group to FATE or Free Fate and I was looking for a free adventure to run for them. Any adventures available online? I'm looking for something playable in a few hours. If it goes over well we might pick up the Dresden Files rpg, but for now any genre would work.

        “Spirit Of The Tentacle” is what the name implies — a one-shot Lovecraftian adventure for SotC.
        http://sdc.rpg.net.nz/
        There are a bunch of other free scenarios on that page, but I don’t know if any of them are for FATE.

        —Jens
      • JohnS
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1 9:48 PM
          --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Jens Alfke <jens@...> wrote:

          > On May 1, 2012, at 1:46 PM, JohnS wrote:
          >
          > > I'm wanting to introduce our gaming group to FATE or Free Fate and I was looking for a free adventure to run for them. Any adventures available online? I'm looking for something playable in a few hours. If it goes over well we might pick up the Dresden Files rpg, but for now any genre would work.
          >
          > "Spirit Of The Tentacle" is what the name implies — a one-shot Lovecraftian adventure for SotC.
          > http://sdc.rpg.net.nz/
          > There are a bunch of other free scenarios on that page, but I don't know if any of them are for FATE.
          >
          > —Jens

          That looks cool - thanks!
        • Robert Rendell
          Message 4 of 9 , May 2 8:04 PM

            There are a few free (and high-quality!) DFRPG one-shots available for download to.

            I particularly liked "Night Fears".

            On 2 May 2012 14:48, JohnS <johnsdba@...> wrote:

            --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Jens Alfke <jens@...> wrote:

            > On May 1, 2012, at 1:46 PM, JohnS wrote:
            >
            > > I'm wanting to introduce our gaming group to FATE or Free Fate and I was looking for a free adventure to run for them. Any adventures available online? I'm looking for something playable in a few hours. If it goes over well we might pick up the Dresden Files rpg, but for now any genre would work.
            >
            > "Spirit Of The Tentacle" is what the name implies — a one-shot Lovecraftian adventure for SotC.
            > http://sdc.rpg.net.nz/
            > There are a bunch of other free scenarios on that page, but I don't know if any of them are for FATE.
            >
            > —Jens

            That looks cool - thanks!

            --
            Have fun,
            Rob Rendell
            Message 5 of 9 , May 2 8:37 PM
              I had good luck with Neutral Grounds. Campaign ongoing with characters starting from that scenario (even the bad guy!).

              On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Robert Rendell <rob.rendell.au@...> wrote:

              There are a few free (and high-quality!) DFRPG one-shots available for download to.

              I particularly liked "Night Fears".

              On 2 May 2012 14:48, JohnS <johnsdba@...> wrote:

              --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Jens Alfke <jens@...> wrote:

              > On May 1, 2012, at 1:46 PM, JohnS wrote:
              >
              > > I'm wanting to introduce our gaming group to FATE or Free Fate and I was looking for a free adventure to run for them. Any adventures available online? I'm looking for something playable in a few hours. If it goes over well we might pick up the Dresden Files rpg, but for now any genre would work.
              >
              > "Spirit Of The Tentacle" is what the name implies — a one-shot Lovecraftian adventure for SotC.
              > http://sdc.rpg.net.nz/
              > There are a bunch of other free scenarios on that page, but I don't know if any of them are for FATE.
              >
              > —Jens

              That looks cool - thanks!

              --
              Have fun,
              Rob Rendell

            • JohnS
              Message 6 of 9 , May 3 5:23 AM
                Thanks Rob - these look really high quality.

                --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Robert Rendell <rob.rendell.au@...> wrote:

                > There are a few free (and high-quality!) DFRPG one-shots available for
                > download to.
                >
                > http://www.dresdenfilesrpg.com/downloads/
                >
                > I particularly liked "Night Fears".
                >
                > On 2 May 2012 14:48, JohnS <johnsdba@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Jens Alfke <jens@> wrote:

                > > was looking for a free adventure to run for them. Any adventures available
                > > online? I'm looking for something playable in a few hours. If it goes over
                > > well we might pick up the Dresden Files rpg, but for now any genre would
                > > work.
                > > >
                > > > "Spirit Of The Tentacle" is what the name implies — a one-shot
                > > Lovecraftian adventure for SotC.
                > > > http://sdc.rpg.net.nz/
                > > > There are a bunch of other free scenarios on that page, but I don't know
                > > if any of them are for FATE.
                > > >
                > > > —Jens
                > > >
                > > That looks cool - thanks!
                > >

                > --
                > Have fun,
                > Rob Rendell

              • pmelwhite
                Message 7 of 9 , May 3 2:56 PM
                  I've plugged this before, but here is a SOTC adventure I wrote:
                  http://archive.org/details/YangtzeRocketPatrol.
                  Yangtze Rocket Patrol is about rocket pack wearing American service members protecting US interests in China in a pulp 1930s. It's got zeppelins, gyrocopters, femme fatales, and intelligent apes! Something for everyone.
                  I'd be happy to clarify any issues that are unclear. There are a few audio files of the game posted at the Internet Archive, and another actual play of the game posted at the 'Candyass Liberal' website--whom I don't know, but it sounded like they had a good time.
                  Mel

                  --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "JohnS" <johnsdba@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks Rob - these look really high quality.
                  >
                  > --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Robert Rendell <rob.rendell.au@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > There are a few free (and high-quality!) DFRPG one-shots available for
                  > > download to.
                  > >
                  > > http://www.dresdenfilesrpg.com/downloads/
                  > >
                  > > I particularly liked "Night Fears".
                  > >
                  > > On 2 May 2012 14:48, JohnS <johnsdba@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > **

                  > > > was looking for a free adventure to run for them. Any adventures available
                  > > > online? I'm looking for something playable in a few hours. If it goes over
                  > > > well we might pick up the Dresden Files rpg, but for now any genre would
                  > > > work.

                  > > > Lovecraftian adventure for SotC.
                  > > > if any of them are for FATE.

                  > > > That looks cool - thanks!
                  > > >

                  > > --
                  > > Have fun,
                  > > Rob Rendell

                • Robert Rendell
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 3 6:24 PM

                    Your link there included the full stop at the end, causing it to give a 404-equivalent.

                    --
                    Have fun,
                    Rob Rendell
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 4 12:12 PM