Re: [FateRPG] Re: Examples of actual play

  • Travis Casey
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 16 2:06 PM
      If they want to roll for everything, let them, then, if failure isn't interesting, tell them they succeeded.  Or vice-versa.

      Heck, some of my players don't even give me time to say anything before they roll the dice and read off the result!

      --
      Travis Casey

      On Apr 16, 2012, at 4:44 PM, david mcbirde <jystdave@...> wrote:

      The hardest thing I have had to adjust to with Fate/Dresden Files are the skill rolls. Players want to roll for everything. I have to think about if they actually need to roll or not. The instinct is to just roll for everything you do but the you have to keep in mind "will a failure here be interesting?" If not Don`t ask for a roll.

      Dave

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 16 5:17 PM
        I'm working on that reflex myself as GM, and scaling the skills -- a couple of ranks of skill can be alot compared to NPCs.