Re: Mythic GM Emulator

  • Sam D
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 18, 2012
      Do you have any Actual Plays anywhere? I'd love to see how they work together in action.

      --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "ckris4" <starshield@...> wrote:

      > It is my personal experience that they work well together. I've purchased about everything related to the Mythic system, and have found it all very adaptable. We have run GM-less, 1 GM with no prep, 1 GM with little prep, and multiple simultaneous GMs.
      >
      > We use a slightly modified version of Fate with it and it works very well.
      > We tested it with a simplified version of Dogs in the Vineyard, too.
      > We haven't used it with much else, frankly, because it works with Fate so well.
      >
      > Settings we've used it for include Dogs in the Vineyard, New Orleans 1910, superheroes, a D&D/Steampunk mix, Talislanta and lots of Rifts.
      >
      > Mythic comes with a GM Emulator and a role-playing game system. The game system is perfectly serviceable, but not to our taste, so we just use the Emulator.
      >
      > We've had so much fun with it that I would call Fate and Mythic a SUPERB match.

    • Eric Dry
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 21, 2012
        The write up is not mine, but found it great for showing how LoA (D&D meets FATE) and Mythic work well together.

        Do you have any Actual Plays anywhere? I'd love to see how they work together in action.

        --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "ckris4" <starshield@...> wrote:

        > It is my personal experience that they work well together. I've purchased about everything related to the Mythic system, and have found it all very adaptable. We have run GM-less, 1 GM with no prep, 1 GM with little prep, and multiple simultaneous GMs.
        >
        > We use a slightly modified version of Fate with it and it works very well.
        > We tested it with a simplified version of Dogs in the Vineyard, too.
        > We haven't used it with much else, frankly, because it works with Fate so well.
        >
        > Settings we've used it for include Dogs in the Vineyard, New Orleans 1910, superheroes, a D&D/Steampunk mix, Talislanta and lots of Rifts.
        >
        > Mythic comes with a GM Emulator and a role-playing game system. The game system is perfectly serviceable, but not to our taste, so we just use the Emulator.
        >
        > We've had so much fun with it that I would call Fate and Mythic a SUPERB match.

      • George Harnish
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 22, 2012
          I put a file in the Mythic Yahoo group that suggests how to use +/ /- dice for Mythic.

          On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 4:42 AM, Diongham <diongham@...> wrote:

          I recently encountered the Emulator on the RPG.net forums - reading through several threads and decided I want to try it out.

          Does anyone have any significant experience, or can anyone point me in the direction of some play examples?

          It sounds right up the Fate RPG alley in terms of open ended-ness.