poor defense on atttacks

  • Ricky Hunt
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2012
      Several creatures in the Strands of Fate books have "poor defense" aspects for some of their attacks. I can't for the life of me figure out when that would be invoked. Since most of the attacks are bites and claws, it might be that the creatures has poor defenses when they attack with that form. Could it mean that the defender has poorer defenses against that attack? I have searched the pdf multiple times, but there appears to be no explanation.

      Rick

    • Douglas Laedtke
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 29, 2012
        I am certainly no Strands guru, but I would *guess* it would mean that when the creature uses that attack, they are more vulnerable? Maybe if attacking with claw or fang, their victim can tag "poor defense" to get a smack 'em since they're so up-close-and-personal? Dunno. Just a thought.

        Several creatures in the Strands of Fate books have "poor defense" aspects for some of their attacks. I can't for the life of me figure out when that would be invoked. Since most of the attacks are bites and claws, it might be that the creatures has poor defenses when they attack with that form. Could it mean that the defender has poorer defenses against that attack? I have searched the pdf multiple times, but there appears to be no explanation.

        Rick

      • TomM
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 29, 2012
          Close combat skills like Fists and Weapons can typically be used for defense as well as offense. If they gave them a high skill level to represent their offensive capability, they might mean that their close combat defense skill is not as good. So while a fighter with a sword and Weapons skill 4 has attack 4 and defense 4, that creature might have attack 4 and defense 2...