Re: [FateRPG] Spirit of the Century moves into board & card games

  • Daniel Ross
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30 10:30 AM
      I'm pretty sure I could come up with a rich SotC scenario just from the name of Zeppelin Armada. ;)

      On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Fred Hicks <evilhat@...> wrote:

      On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 10:41 PM, Bruce Anderson <bruce.germund@...> wrote:
      This looks really cool, I can't wait!!  Will there be any sort of adaptation of Fate mechanics in the board game?

      This is more an adaptation of the SOTC universe/vibe than it is of the Fate mechanics. I think Fate's mechanics are tuned strongly for RPG and would make for pretty thin play in a board game.

      That said, I would expect folks to look at the board game (or in the case of Zeppelin Armada, the card game) and say, "hey... I know how to turn this into an RPG scenario..." So there may be some crossover in the fan community all the same. :)

      --
      Fred Hicks
      Co-President, Evil Hat Productions, LLC - www.evilhat.com