Re: [FateRPG] Importing Inspectres' Confessional to FATE

  • Frank Eastman
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2011
      My group has done this before, before we played FATE, with a deck of Role Playing cards.  Some of them moved in this manner, such as you could pause the action for a moment and step aside and say something like:  "See, what nobody realized at the time was ..."

      I once played a superhero character whose only power and entire schtick was that.

      For FATE I would suggest that it be handled essentially like a Declaration.

      --fje

      On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 12:41 PM, stormingmarcus <stormingmarcus@...> wrote:

      Title basically says everything, but what do you think of using Confessionals in a FATE game with a TV series structure?
      Each player will have one chance per session to "enter the confessional" and make a monologue to the (supposed) audience, revealing unknown details about what happened or giving some hints to what will happen.
      The player could place a free aspect on an ally, an enemy, a situation... Maybe that aspect would only last until the end of the episode, but that might ruin the consistency of the series. Any solution to this problem?

      P.S: As you might have guessed, I'm not a native English speaker, so please forgive me for my mistakes ;-)