Re: [FateRPG] Re: Chargen thoughts

  • Robert Donoghue
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 14, 2004
      On Apr 14, 2004, at 4:46 PM, drpachyderm wrote:

      > I thought of using poker chips for the pyramid, where you get four (or
      > five) poker chips every phase and place them on a piece of paper. You
      > then stack them when you want to focus on a skill.
      >
      > This should make the pyramid obvious and tactile, but I haven't tried
      > it out yet.
      >
      > You should be able to tell whether a pyramid is balanced just by
      > looking at the stacks.

      That is an insanely cool idea. I'm going to have to try that out.

      -Rob D.
    • James Pacek
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 14, 2004
        On Apr 14, 2004, at 1:46 PM, drpachyderm wrote:

        > I thought of using poker chips for the pyramid, where you get four (or
        > five) poker chips every phase and place them on a piece of paper. You
        > then stack them when you want to focus on a skill.
        >
        > This should make the pyramid obvious and tactile, but I haven't tried
        > it out yet.
        >
        > You should be able to tell whether a pyramid is balanced just by
        > looking at the stacks.

        Legos!

        Thanks,

        _______________________
        Jim Pacek
        wilmanric@...
      • trey_palmer@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 19, 2004
          --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Robert Donoghue <rdonoghue@m...>
          wrote:
          Assuming
          > we could randomly throw in some additional sidebars to clarify or
          > expand on any element of character generation, is there anything in
          > particular you'd like to see?
          >
          > -Rob D.

          Well, I may be late to the thread, but I'd like to see some page
          references to Extras, Plot Hooks and difficult skills from the get go.
          That way the GM and players can begin reaching a bit further.
          Thanks,
          Trey
        • drpachyderm
          Message 4 of 16 , May 10, 2004
            --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, James Pacek <wilmanric@c...> wrote:
            > On Apr 14, 2004, at 1:46 PM, drpachyderm wrote:
            >
            > > I thought of using poker chips for the pyramid, where
            > > You should be able to tell whether a pyramid is balanced just by
            > > looking at the stacks.
            >
            > Legos!

            I totally should have thought about Legos! I even have a whole bunch
            of the angled Legos which would actually make a pyramid.

            I guess I've been playing too much poker lately if it made me forget
            Legos.