Re: Updated PC sheets for Dresden Files RPG

  • Thorin
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 27, 2011
      Just wondering what people thought of the updates and the rules overview.

      Also can you get to the files?

      --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Thorin" <sdjthorin@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > As there were a few of you who asked me to upload my character sheets for Dresden Files RPG, I just wanted to let you know that I've uploaded my latest versions and removed the old ones.
      >
      > This update fixes a few formatting issues, but the major change is the addition of a Tentcard sheet.
      >
      > The new sheet was inspired by the "free-fate-name-tent-char-sheet.pdf" by grant_erswell.
      >
      > Mine differs in that I expanded the Rules Overview for Dresden and added a Roster area. Seems to work well in my group and hopefully at the Con game I'm going to be running in March.
      >
      > Please let me know what you think of it -- I hate working in a vacuum :)
      >
      > The new links are:

    • J Hunter
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2011
        Excellent sheets. I only wish they were fillable.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Feb 27, 2011, at 11:47 PM, "Thorin" <sdjthorin@...> wrote:

        Just wondering what people thought of the updates and the rules overview.

        Also can you get to the files?

        --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Thorin" <sdjthorin@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > As there were a few of you who asked me to upload my character sheets for Dresden Files RPG, I just wanted to let you know that I've uploaded my latest versions and removed the old ones.
        >
        > This update fixes a few formatting issues, but the major change is the addition of a Tentcard sheet.
        >
        > The new sheet was inspired by the "free-fate-name-tent-char-sheet.pdf" by grant_erswell.
        >
        > Mine differs in that I expanded the Rules Overview for Dresden and added a Roster area. Seems to work well in my group and hopefully at the Con game I'm going to be running in March.
        >
        > Please let me know what you think of it -- I hate working in a vacuum :)
        >
        > The new links are:

      • Thorin
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2011
          The excel sheets are fillable -- look in the Zip file...

          Sorry about the pdfs, but I don't have acrobat anymore so I can't make forms...

          I use the excel files and then "print" pdfs using primoPDF.

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 7, 2011
            Hi All,

            I've received a few requests to add "Initiative Order" to the main sheet -- so here's version 4.

            Here's the direct link to the PDF & zipped Excel file:

            Enjoy and keep those fixes/mods coming!

          • jedrakrenz@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 8, 2011
              There's no way to adjust the Skill & Refresh points as they are gained if you're playing at a Submerged level. Any advice?

              On Mar 8, 2011 12:22am, Thorin <sdjthorin@...> wrote:

              > Hi All,
              >

              > I've received a few requests to add "Initiative Order" to the main sheet -- so here's version 4.
              >

              > Here's the direct link to the PDF & zipped Excel file:

              > Enjoy and keep those fixes/mods coming!
              >

              > --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Thorin" wrote:
              >

              > > Hi All,
              >

              > > As there were a few of you who asked me to upload my character sheets for Dresden Files RPG, I just wanted to let you know that I've uploaded my latest versions and removed the old ones.
              >

              > > This update fixes a few formatting issues, but the major change is the addition of a Tentcard sheet.
              >

              > > The new sheet was inspired by the "free-fate-name-tent-char-sheet.pdf" by grant_erswell.
              >

              > > Mine differs in that I expanded the Rules Overview for Dresden and added a Roster area. Seems to work well in my group and hopefully at the Con game I'm going to be running in March.
              >

              > > Please let me know what you think of it -- I hate working in a vacuum :)
              >

              > > The new link is:

            • Thorin
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 8, 2011
                Hi jedrakrenz -- Thanks for the catch!

                For the Refresh -- it was updated by adding a value in the "# Major Milestones Achieved" field at the bottom of the stunts and powers box. I guess that was an obtuse name and place for it -- it made sense at the time LOL

                For the Skills -- ya that was a total gap on my part. As you go over the limit it just turns into a negative number, but definitely needs a proper field for it.

                So, I've replaced the large #MMA field and updated the name to "Awarded Refresh" as well as adding a new "Awarded Skill Pts" field to fix Skills :)

                FYI -- Version 4.1 has been uploaded, hopefully that works better for you :)

                Keep those fixes/requests coming :)

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 9, 2011
                  This was a great update. I've already moved my two characters over and am working on moving the other players in my group... Now to try and design & GM sheet to collate & summarize the info for my GM.

                  Thanks again!

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 9, 2011
                    LOL -- Already working on my GM sheet -- but at the moment I'm trying to finish my Fantasy Fate game for a mini con this weekend... and I am soo far behind...

                    Once I get a decent copy whipped up I'll post it here too :)

                    --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, jedrakrenz@... wrote:

                    > This was a great update. I've already moved my two characters over and am
                    > working on moving the other players in my group... Now to try and design &
                    > GM sheet to collate & summarize the info for my GM.
                    >
                    > Thanks again!
                  • Thorin
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 11, 2011
                      OK, I was playtesting my Fantasy Fate 3.0 game using my DFRPG sheets and everyone complained there was no Gear & Notes area for them to use.

                      I figured that this might also be the case for some Standard Dresden games , so the v5 update includes a new page call -- you guessed it -- "Gear & Notes".

                      I've also done some minor updates to formatting and locking that some of you have asked to be fixed and upgraded the "Frequent Evocation Spells" page with a duel field for power and control so that you can select the ratings at the top of the page and still have a notes area beside it to add things like "(3 to power +1 for duration)"

                      Hope that helps.

                      and don't forget, keep those requests and bug fixes coming :)