Re: [FateRPG] Taking Consequences to Be More Awesome?

  • Bill Hamilton
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2011
      You could add that the consequence cannot go away until the scene after the first scene it is tagged.

      On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:15 PM, Jonathan Wells <wells.jonathan@...> wrote:

      On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 4:32 PM, chuckcooley <zpambox_cooley@...> wrote:

      In Episode 105 of the Canon Puncture podcast, they gave some examples of situations where a player made an epic move in the short term which resulted in problems for them down the road. Sounds like a Consequence to me, but is there a way to do that using current FATE rules?

      I've thought about a "sacrifice play" rule that extends the 2/4/6 rule to let a character take a consequence for a bonus to any roll. It might be too strong. I can see players taking minor consequences every other scene, and that would be bad. Maybe reduce the bonus by two across the board.

      --
      Jonathan Wells
      wells.jonathan@...

      --