Re: [FateRPG] DFRPG References (Was GM Screen)

    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 1, 2010
      Been a while. Heh.

      This looks (mostly) good to me. Seems the counter-spell line might be needing a mathematical operator. (2 +, perhaps? I'm not looking at the book just now.)

      I'd be happy to host a finalized/vetted/corrected version of it on the game's official website. Let me know.

      Fred

      On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 3:40 AM, <chris@...> wrote:

      Here it is:

      http://zerneeak.com/rpgwiki/images/a/a7/Spellcastering.pdf

      ------------------------------------
      friends don't let friends use IE6 Upgrade IE8 : Switch FF3
      Chris Czerniak

      On Mon Oct 18 11:12 , Fred Hicks sent:

      Wanna send me your magic help sheet?

      Fred

      On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 2:09 PM, <chris@...> wrote:

      That would be cool. If I remember correctly there was one little box on magic showing you the general steps in the back of the book. Something that tells you what you can spend your shifts on would be great (I ended up creating a magic help sheet because I got tired of explaining it).

      For those who really want a GM screen if you can find a way to prop up the bookmark you're set.

      ------------------------------------
      GM Screens Rule!
      Chris Czerniak

      On Mon Oct 18 10:32 , Fred Hicks sent:

      I've heard from folks that there's essentially a "missing third page" to the reference stuff. Maybe we can make a community project of that? Once I have a good consensus-built list of What's Missing, I can put together a third page for download. It's just that I don't personally have the time to hunt down that target myself...

      Fred

      On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 1:28 PM, William Huggins <willhuggins@...> wrote:

      I would add a thaumaturgy flow chart to that list. But since, to my knowledge, none exists I guess I need to make one.

      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 1, 2010
        I'd be happy to host the powers PDF shown here.

        The sheet's interesting, but (for me at least) a bit jumbled for reading comfortably, and probably best living out on the net at large as a "hey, grab the TeX source if that's your kink" thing.

        But the powers PDF -- that'd be lurvely to put somewhere central. :)

        Fred

        On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 1:53 AM, Brian Sniffen <bts@...> wrote:

        Well, that's true if it's as pretty as the aged paper and runes of Your Story.  But compare <http://evenmere.org/~bts/DresdenFiles/powers.pdf>, which has notes for every power on two sides of a page, with costs, sub-powers, and page references---most things required for monsters on one side, most PC-only stuff on the other.  <http://evenmere.org/~bts/DresdenFiles/sheet.pdf> brings the same attitude to a character sheet: skill and power references, plus space to note which skills and aspects have been used.  Those that don't pull their weight can get dropped at advancement time to make room for those that are affecting the story.

        For anyone who'd like to modify these for your own game, the TeX source is available with

            git clone http://evenmere.org/~bts/DresdenFiles/sheet.git/

        -Brian

        On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Fred Hicks <evilhat@...> wrote:

        The 2-page listing of powers in the powers chapter *is* as concise as it gets. More detail would require more pagecount, no?

        Fred

        On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Brian Sniffen <bts@...> wrote:

        The Sight was the most frequently referenced section of rules for my group, for a bit---followed by the Hunger rules. But our GM has several times wished for a concise page of reference for the Powers---so she can rebalance or create monsters on the fly, while allowing us to reason that a critter with one part of Super Tough must have the other parts, and probably no parts of Mythic Toughness.

        --
        Brian Sniffen

        http://evenmere.org/~bts/
        <bts@...>

        --
        Fred Hicks
        Evil Hat Productions, LLC

          • chris@zerneeak.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 2, 2010
              Updated the pdf. Removed the 2 in front of the counterspell which was a copy/paste error.

              friends don't let friends use IE6 Upgrade IE8 : Switch FF3
              Chris Czerniak

              On Wed Dec 1 12:09 , Fred Hicks sent: