Question: best version of Fate 3.0 to dive in

  • strustrum@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2010
      I'm looking into Fate 3.0 as a system for an upcoming Misfit Studios product development. So, my question is this: which of the games currently using Fate 3.0 would one suggest for looking at the breadth and varied options of the system's capabilities? Which really does some interesting twists and turns with it, showing off it's scope?
    • TomM
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2010
        Hi Steve.

        Each one is different. It would help to know what genre your product is, because then I can offer one that may fir it best. None of them is truly a generic game yet (that's coming next from Evil Hat, and will likely be the best framework to build on, unless your setting happens to match one of the existing books' genres (pulp, fantasy, space opera, harder sci-fi, and urban fantasy)

        You might also check out the free stuff in the Files section to see what people have done already (mostly building off SotC)

        Tom

        --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "strustrum@..." <trustrum@...> wrote:

        > I'm looking into Fate 3.0 as a system for an upcoming Misfit Studios product development. So, my question is this: which of the games currently using Fate 3.0 would one suggest for looking at the breadth and varied options of the system's capabilities? Which really does some interesting twists and turns with it, showing off it's scope?

      • karsten_voigt
        Message 3 of 3 , May 11, 2010
          For showing the scope - look at Mindjammer.