Re: Red Hat games offered by Alliance

  • dwrt55
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2010
      Fred Sez:
      > Red Hat manufactures Linux. *Evil* Hat manufactures the games you're talking
      > about. I sure hope they're not listed under "Red Hat", since that'd be a
      > massive error.

      My bad. Sorry to botch that and all. The database entry is correct.

      > The ship date depends on when Alliance places an order with us. We're able
      > to ship to Alliance as soon as they do. Make sure to express your interest
      > to Alliance soon so they know they *should* be placing an order.

      As for asking about it, I think the best I can do is robust pre-orders. We'll probably pre-order by the end of the week.

      Alliance puts out a daily email to retailers, that spotlights different lines. I don't know if this is something you can get in on on not. (Assuming you want to.)

      I know that Alliance had offered SotC in the past (That's how I got my copy, I think.) But I was under the impression that you (EH) were not pursuing that distribution route.

      I am very happy about it, regardless. I do have customers that ask for your games, and this makes it a lot easier for me to help them.
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1, 2010
        On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:09 AM, dwrt55 <JavaApp@...> wrote:
        > The ship date depends on when Alliance places an order with us. We're able
        > to ship to Alliance as soon as they do.  Make sure to express your interest
        > to Alliance soon so they know they *should* be placing an order.

        As for asking about it, I think the best I can do is robust pre-orders.  We'll probably pre-order by the end of the week.

        Alliance puts out a daily email to retailers, that spotlights different lines. I don't know if this is something you can get in on on not. (Assuming you want to.)

        I think that's in the works. :)

        I know that Alliance had offered SotC in the past (That's how I got my copy, I think.)

        That's news to me. They've never had direct access to it before. We've only sold into retail through Indie Press Revolution (IPR) in the past.

        But I was under the impression that you (EH) were not pursuing that distribution route.

        We weren't, but DF introduced new opportunities and obligations. :)

        I am very happy about it, regardless. I do have customers that ask for your games, and this makes it a lot easier for me to help them.

        Fantastic! :)

        Fred

      • bachelornewtling
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 2, 2010
          --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Fred Hicks <evilhat@...> wrote:

          > On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:09 AM, dwrt55 <JavaApp@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I know that Alliance had offered SotC in the past (That's how I
          > > got my copy, I think.)
          >

          > That's news to me. They've never had direct access to it before.
          > We've only sold into retail through Indie Press Revolution (IPR) in
          > the past.

          SOTC has been available through Alliance for some time, albeit intermittently. When I worked in my FLGS we used to push Kris at Alliance to get in as much indie stuff as he could, from DitV to SotC. Usually by telling him how much I was selling through the store through other streams & predicting future sale volumes over 12 months.
          I think they recognised the value in pursuing the indie market, though only as a value add to their customers, and to eliminate other supply streams the might become future competitors.

          Pete
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 2, 2010
            Suffice it to say Alliance has never bought those copies straight from
            the publisher (i.e., me).

            -- Fred

            Sent from my iPod. Please forgive any terseness.

            On Apr 2, 2010, at 8:19 PM, "bachelornewtling"
            <mrjibberjabber@...> wrote:

            > --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Fred Hicks <evilhat@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:09 AM, dwrt55 <JavaApp@...> wrote:
            >>
            >>> I know that Alliance had offered SotC in the past (That's how I
            >>> got my copy, I think.)
            >>

            >> That's news to me. They've never had direct access to it before.
            >> We've only sold into retail through Indie Press Revolution (IPR) in
            >> the past.
            >>

            > SOTC has been available through Alliance for some time, albeit
            > intermittently. When I worked in my FLGS we used to push Kris at
            > Alliance to get in as much indie stuff as he could, from DitV to
            > SotC. Usually by telling him how much I was selling through the
            > store through other streams & predicting future sale volumes over 12
            > months.
            > I think they recognised the value in pursuing the indie market,
            > though only as a value add to their customers, and to eliminate
            > other supply streams the might become future competitors.
            >
            > Pete

          • bachelornewtling
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 2, 2010
              --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Fred Hicks <evilhat@...> wrote:

              > Suffice it to say Alliance has never bought those copies straight from
              > the publisher (i.e., me).
              >
              > -- Fred

              Understood, I'm curious if they acquired them through Lulu?

              > Sent from my iPod. Please forgive any terseness.

              I'd expect nothing less from and iProduct user. ;P
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 2, 2010
                On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 11:31 PM, bachelornewtling <mrjibberjabber@...> wrote:

                --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Fred Hicks <evilhat@...> wrote:

                > Suffice it to say Alliance has never bought those copies straight from
                > the publisher (i.e., me).
                >
                > -- Fred

                Understood, I'm curious if they acquired them through Lulu?

                That'd be a trick. Without them getting the ability to buy a book at (approximately) 40% of cover price, there's no good way for them to have done it. So I'm reeeeal curious about the particulars of the case you're referencing.