SotC via Lulu

  • John Guilfoyle
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010
      Say, folks, anyone have the Lulu version of the SotC book? I know I'm late to the table on this game but finalize realize how much I neeeeeed it. I dig hardcovers, but given the price ($53) and the fact that I won't get the PDF, I'm eyeballing the $35 softcover + PDF package instead. Also have no experience with Lulu products. Good?

      -Harrigan

    • Ville Halonen
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010
        My hardcover is otherwise of top quality, but one the pages has been glued badly. I fear reading anywhere the skills chapter lest the book fall apart.

        -V

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010
          Hm. Perhaps not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the info.

          -Harrigan

          From: Ville Halonen <vhalone@...>

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010
            Have you reported this to Lulu?

            Please note -- aside from the hardcovers, we don't supply via Lulu any more (in fact the hardcover remains on sale through Lulu only because people asked us to keep it available). The softcover is printed via another service entirely.

          • douglaedtke@att.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010
              I have a Lulu hardcover and it's absolutely fine. I haven't had any issues with it and have owned/played with it for several years now. That said, I've heard that the quality is variable and that others have not been so lucky.

              My softback is also mighty fine, although I may have a Lulu version of that, too. Can't check, as it's sadly on my shelf at home. Stupid work...

              -------------- Original message from Fred Hicks <evilhat@...>: --------------

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010
                  On Mar 1, 2010, at 12:33 AM, John Guilfoyle wrote:

                  > Say, folks, anyone have the Lulu version of the SotC book? I know I'm late to the table on this game but finalize realize how much I neeeeeed it. I dig hardcovers, but given the price ($53) and the fact that I won't get the PDF, I'm eyeballing the $35 softcover + PDF package instead. Also have no experience with Lulu products. Good?

                  I just ordered the softcover + PDF direct from EvilHat.com for only $30 (plus $3 shipping). I didn't even know it was available from Lulu...

                  —Jens
                • Ville Halonen
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 29, 2010
                    Okay,

                    I contacted Lulu and the story has a happy ending.

                    That is, in December I ordered and received the book. It was glued badly, but I thought I'd stick with it, a bad consumer that I sometimes am. After the topic came up here 4 weeks ago (over two months after the purchase), I contacted Lulu. They asked me to send a photograph of the product. They agreed that the product was faulty and sent me a new copy. It arrived today and I've nothing to complain about.

                    So yes, I had a really positive experience with Lulu SotC :)

                    -V