Re: Madness! Madness! Or just Rock, Scissor, Paper, Lizard, Spock

  • FreeHatani
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4, 2009
      --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Lance Dyas <lancelot@...> wrote:

      > See this
      > http://www.dyasdesigns.com/roleplay/Fate/HandOfFate.pdf

      Thanks so much! I can see you have dealt with the same obsession. But rather than just talking about it you have done something about it. :-)

      So how do it play? I am looking forward to trying it out with my group. Any tricks you have found to make it work well?
    • Lance Dyas
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 4, 2009
        FreeHatani wrote:
        > --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Lance Dyas <lancelot@...> wrote:
        >
        >> See this
        >> http://www.dyasdesigns.com/roleplay/Fate/HandOfFate.pdf
        >>

        > Thanks so much! I can see you have dealt with the same obsession. But rather than just talking about it you have done something about it. :-)
        >
        > So how do it play? I am looking forward to trying it out with my group. Any tricks you have found to make it work well?

        We have a small group and played primarily improvisationally with a lot
        of informal elements,
        situational bonuses and enemies ranked entirely on their ability
        relative to the players characters
        and things like that ... the handoffate.pdf is way more codified than
        I have actually used.

        A couple others play tested it for me a little and reported some
        positive things It sounded like they
        used parts of it but not necessarily all ... which seems reasonably like
        what I have done. :-) as well.

        I like hearing about it when somebody does take it for a test drive So
        be sure to let me know
        how it goes if you get a chance.