Re: [FateRPG] All FATE games

  • Brad Murray
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 4, 2009
      On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 9:03 AM, David Hoberman <david.hoberman@...> wrote:
      > Personally, I'd love to see a sample mini-game that is more narrative driven
      > than just a combat. It opens more opportunity to get new people into scifi
      > RPGs.

      Fortunately the nature of FATE v3 is that even sub-systems explicitly
      designed to emulate combat get all their effects from narrative
      supplied by players -- an inversion of the more common "simulate the
      world physics" philosophy.

      The social conflict sub-system is another possibility and even the
      cluster creation chapter has been put forward. Both are more
      story-generating and less wargame but equally self-contained. My only
      concern is that these sub-systems might be less accessible to gamers
      with more traditional interests, which in a way is the "new" market
      we're talking to -- story focused players are kind of the existing
      FATE player base. We intend to demonstrate that you can have your
      story and your simulation. So I guess everyone is technically the hard
      sell. :D

      Internal discussion is ongoing and I invite comment from any and all
      interested parties. We are very interested in what interests everyone
      NOT at our table right now!

      --
      Brad Murray (halfjack)

      Moderation is a memory
    • Darren Brewster
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 4, 2009
        There is also Awesome Adventures, though I don't know if it has a
        website of its own. The creator posts to this list, though I don't
        know how actively.