Re: All FATE games

  • vincentalienzk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , May 31, 2009
      In a message dated 05/31/2009 1:24:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

        Posted by: "Hollis McCray" ascensionschild@... ascensionschild
        Date: Sun May 31, 2009 8:16 am ((PDT))

      >Is there a list of all published games currently using the FATE system?

      Right now the only published FATE games I know of are:

      Spirit of the Century, by Evil Hat
      Star Blazer, by Cubicle 6

      There is also a Dresden Files game that's been Under Development Since
      The Dawn of Time in the works from Evil Hat. Fred has been promising
      us that one Real Soon Now for a while.

      We had some discussion of this at MFLGS, Days of Knights.

      http://daysofknights.com

      I've been trying to convince John to order me SotC, but he needs to make a hundred dollar order... At which point, the fact that two copies of Dresden (one for me and one for my Buddy Jim Gagliarti, who done got me hooked on the Wizard of the Windy City, plus one of my player is a fan, would play, that's three copies) and one of SotC (so I could run Spirit of Trek, or After The Rise, or some other 3E FATE-build, perhaps an honest to ghod fantasy game or more likely, Space Adventure) would fill the bill came up.

      Please, please, Dresden, soon? Sooner, Soonest?

      Vince the Alien Zookeeper

      What kind of game do you want to play?
      What kind of story do you want to tell?
      Who would you like to be, for an hour or three?
      What kind of obstacle, what kind of Villian, do you want to overcome?
      How do you best it, to win the day, and the girl (or the guy, whatever, I'm not judging 8-)? How will you grow, as a result? What did you loose, what would you sacrifice, to do so?

      (Sneer) What're ya gonna do, Hee-roh?

      **************
      We found the real ‘Hotel California’ and the ‘Seinfeld’ diner. What will you find? Explore WhereItsAt.com. (http://www.whereitsat.com/#/music/all-spots/355/47.796964/-66.374711/2/Youve-Found-Where-Its-At?ncid=emlcntnew00000007)
    • Joe Murphy
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 3 7:58 AM
        On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Hollis McCray
        <ascensionschild@...> wrote:

        > On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 11:48 PM, Jose Arellano, Jr.
        > <joelarellano714@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > Newbie here.
        > >
        > > Is there a list of all published games currently using the FATE system?
        >
        > Right now the only published FATE games I know of are:
        >
        > Spirit of the Century, by Evil Hat
        > Star Blazer, by Cubicle 6

         There's also Disapora (
        http://www.phreeow.net/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Diaspora ) which I
        understand is coming out soon. Actually soon.

        Joe.
      • Brad Murray
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 3 8:39 AM
          On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 7:58 AM, Joe Murphy <joe.r.murphy@...> wrote:

          > On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Hollis McCray
          > <ascensionschild@...> wrote:
          >>

          >> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 11:48 PM, Jose Arellano, Jr.
          >> <joelarellano714@...> wrote:
          >> >

          >> > Newbie here.
          >> >
          >> > Is there a list of all published games currently using the FATE system?
          >>
          >> Right now the only published FATE games I know of are:
          >>
          >> Spirit of the Century, by Evil Hat
          >> Star Blazer, by Cubicle 6
          >
          > There's also Disapora (
          > http://www.phreeow.net/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Diaspora ) which I
          > understand is coming out soon. Actually soon.

          Indeed; watch this space: <http://www.vsca.ca/Diaspora/>. We should be
          posting a sample chapter soon that will be kept up to date with our
          edits *and* be a complete, playable, mini-game in its own right. We're
          thinking Space Combat right now.

          --
          Brad Murray (halfjack)

          Moderation is a memory
        • douglaedtke@att.net
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 3 1:01 PM
            Oooooo... watching!

            -------------- Original message from Brad Murray <bjmurray.halfjack@...>: --------------

            On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 7:58 AM, Joe Murphy <joe.r.murphy@ gmail.com> wrote:

            > On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Hollis McCray
            > <ascensionschild@ gmail.com> wrote:
            >>

            >> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 11:48 PM, Jose Arellano, Jr.
            >> <joelarellano714@ yahoo.com> wrote:
            >> >

            >> > Newbie here.
            >> >
            >> > Is there a list of all published games currently using the FATE system?
            >>
            >> Right now the only published FATE games I know of are:
            >>
            >> Spirit of the Century, by Evil Hat
            >> Star Blazer, by Cubicle 6
            >
            > There's also Disapora (
            > http://www.phreeow. net/wiki/ tiki-index. php?page= Diaspora ) which I
            > understand is coming out soon. Actually soon.

            Indeed; watch this space: <http://www.vsca. ca/Diaspora/>. We should be
            posting a sample chapter soon that will be kept up to date with our
            edits *and* be a complete, playable, mini-game in its own right. We're
            thinking Space Combat right now.

            --
            Brad Murray (halfjack)

            Moderation is a memory

          • David Hoberman
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 4 9:03 AM
              Personally, I'd love to see a sample mini-game that is more narrative driven than just a combat. It opens more opportunity to get new people into scifi RPGs.

              David

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 4 9:20 AM
                On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 9:03 AM, David Hoberman <david.hoberman@...> wrote:
                > Personally, I'd love to see a sample mini-game that is more narrative driven
                > than just a combat. It opens more opportunity to get new people into scifi
                > RPGs.

                Fortunately the nature of FATE v3 is that even sub-systems explicitly
                designed to emulate combat get all their effects from narrative
                supplied by players -- an inversion of the more common "simulate the
                world physics" philosophy.

                The social conflict sub-system is another possibility and even the
                cluster creation chapter has been put forward. Both are more
                story-generating and less wargame but equally self-contained. My only
                concern is that these sub-systems might be less accessible to gamers
                with more traditional interests, which in a way is the "new" market
                we're talking to -- story focused players are kind of the existing
                FATE player base. We intend to demonstrate that you can have your
                story and your simulation. So I guess everyone is technically the hard
                sell. :D

                Internal discussion is ongoing and I invite comment from any and all
                interested parties. We are very interested in what interests everyone
                NOT at our table right now!

                --
                Brad Murray (halfjack)

                Moderation is a memory
              • Darren Brewster
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 4 11:36 AM
                  There is also Awesome Adventures, though I don't know if it has a
                  website of its own. The creator posts to this list, though I don't
                  know how actively.