Re: [FateRPG] Skills Per Session

  • Mike Holmes
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 1, 2003
      >From: Greg McIntyre <puyo@...>
      > > Depends on the group. But it probably can't hurt. Hmmm. Maybe I can
      > > give out fractional FP on a per post basis....
      >
      >Might favour frequent small posts over large long ones (which may be
      >what you want, I don't know).

      Good point. I do prefer longer posts. So that would mean that I have to
      count words now? ;-)

      I was sorta being facetious. I think I'll have to use a more subjective
      method. I'm actually pretty committed to it relating to how much plot has
      been processed (hence talking in terms of scenes, previously). Which, I
      guess, means that it'll have to stay fairly subjective.

      Mike

      Groove on the latest from the hot new rock groups! Get downloads, videos,
      and more here. http://special.msn.com/entertainment/wiredformusic.armx
    • Darren Hill
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 1, 2003
        From: "Mike Holmes" <homeydont@...>
        > >From: Greg McIntyre <puyo@...>
        > > > Depends on the group. But it probably can't hurt. Hmmm. Maybe I can
        > > > give out fractional FP on a per post basis....
        > >
        > >Might favour frequent small posts over large long ones (which may be
        > >what you want, I don't know).
        >
        > Good point. I do prefer longer posts. So that would mean that I have to
        > count words now? ;-)

        Damn, that was going to be next suggestion. Though 1 skill point per word
        might seem to some as a little generous I think it would be okay for Mike's
        game (not that I have a vested interest or anything).

        Darren
      • countercycle
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 2, 2003
          I can

          > > >Might favour frequent small posts over large long ones (which
          may be
          > > >what you want, I don't know).
          > >
          > > Good point. I do prefer longer posts. So that would mean that I
          have to
          > > count words now? ;-)
          >
          > Damn, that was going to be next suggestion. Though 1 skill point
          per word
          > might seem to some as a little generous I think it would be okay
          for Mike's
          > game (not that I have a vested interest or anything).
          >
          > Darren

          The real problem with that suggestion is that if you're the least bit
          wordy, every post you write ends with you taking over the world.