Re: [FateRPG] Two Hundred

  • David Bruns
    Message 1 of 44 , Nov 10, 2003
      The FateRPG group just broke 200 members -- lurkers assemble!What brought you here? What's got you staying? What interests you most about Fate? Have you gotten a chance to play it yet?Well, I like the Aspects idea and the fact that it is based on Fudge... I guess I will use Aspects in a modified way someday. I think that it is a sad decision to go away from Fudge, but that is a totally different story.--David "reptile" Brunshttp://www.schlaghund.de ______________________________________________________________________________
      WEB.DE FreeMail wird 5 Jahre jung! Feiern Sie mit uns und
      nutzen Sie die neuen Funktionen http://f.web.de/features/?mc=021130
    • Landon Darkwood
      Message 44 of 44 , Jan 13, 2004
        On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:00:05 -0000, Rob <r_donoghue@...> wrote:

        > In practice, Fudgless Fate is closer to D6 Prime (used in the Hercules &
        > Xena game, as well as the most recent DC Heroes) than WW, since the
        > emphasis is on simplicity, not fiddly bits. As such, I find it safe to
        > say that while there is certainly a surface similarity to the
        > storyteller (or any other success counting system), but it's only skin
        > deep.

        Funny you should mention that, Rob - what I ended up deciding on for
        Fudgeless Fate was to use the D6 Prime/Legend probability curve (3+ on 1d6
        = 1 success) and having the difficulty task ladder be 7 steps as opposed
        to five steps long (Very Easy to Heroic+). I liked the way the math worked
        out on it better than the 50% success chance / 5 step task ladder that is
        the default.

        Fate is truly, truly flexible as hell. :) I think I've probably tried
        about 7 or 8 different configurations for task resolution while keeping
        the basic structure, and they've all been at least minimally functional.

        Awesome, awesome stuff.

        -Landon Darkwood <darkwood@...>