Re: Starblazer - now taking pre-orders!

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 1, 2008
      Hi there not sure who the fulfiller in the US is yet but yes it will
      include the pre-order bonus of getting the pdf!

      --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Viktor Haag" <viktor.haag@...> wrote:

      > On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Chris <chris@...> wrote:
      >
      > > from the UK i think it's about $19 to the US which is because
      it's a
      > > pretty heavy book, in about a week or so we'll be announcing a
      > > seperate US based pre-order which will save people some (not all)
      of
      > > the hefty cost of postage. It weighs in at about a pound...
      >

      > Sounds good! I have some questions:
      >
      > (a) Who will your fulfiller be in North America? Will they be
      > Canada/Mexico-shipping friendly? (i.e. I'd like to preorder, but
      not if the
      > fulfiller insists on shipping to my Canadian address using UPS or
      FedEx from
      > the US, because that could result in very high surcharges from the
      courier:
      > I'd be cheaper to buy the PDF and the book from my FLGS eventually).
      >
      > (b) Will North American pre-orders also get treated to the
      > PDF-as-a-free-bonus offer? (my previous question assumes the answer
      is,
      > which I realize may not be a fair assumption)
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > --
      > V.

    • Chris
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 1, 2008
        lol i think you're right!

        --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, Fred Hicks <evilhat@...> wrote:

        > Chris wrote:
        > > from the UK i think it's about $19 to the US which is because
        it's a
        > > pretty heavy book, in about a week or so we'll be announcing a
        > > seperate US based pre-order which will save people some (not all)
        of
        > > the hefty cost of postage. It weighs in at about a pound...
        > >
        > Uh, Chris? Most hardcovers I have that are half that size weigh
        > multiple pounds. Spirit of the Century weighs around two, and it's
        half
        > the size in terms of page surface area, and 2/3rds the size in
        terms of
        > the page count.
        >
        > I would not be shocked if this was 3, 4, or 5 pounds at 8.25x10.75
        and
        > 600+ pages.
        >
        > Fred

      • Chris
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 1, 2008
          well there was just so much stuff we couldn't or didn't want to cut out
          and all that artwork - over 400 pieces....sigh! I was determined to to
          make one of those annoying sci-fi games where you have to buy endless
          books just to be able to do stuff with aliens and starships

          --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel M. Perez" <halwhitewyrm@...>
          wrote:

          > << 600+ pages >>
          > Jeez! What is it with Fate and huge books!  ;-)
          >
          > ---
          > Daniel M. Perez
          > Highmoon Media Productions - www.HighmoonMedia.com
          > The Gamer Traveler Podcast - www.TheGamerTraveler.com
          > The Digital Front Podcast - www.TheDigitalFront.com
          >
          > Products available at: RPGnow.com & DriveThruRPG.com

        • Chris
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 1, 2008
            ah! got me there, will have to check the website!

            --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Matthijs Krijger"

            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 1, 2008
              okay euro delivery is £5.40 - not bad, so the whole book will cost you
              just over £30 - i was amazed i honestly thought it was going to end up
              at around £35 for the book alone!
            • Daniel M. Perez

                href="http://www.highmoonmedia.com/" target=_blank>www.HighmoonMedia.com
                > The Gamer Traveler Podcast - www.TheGamerTraveler.com
                > The Digital Front Podcast - www.TheDigitalFront.com
                >
                > Products available at: RPGnow.com & DriveThruRPG.com

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    mailto:FateRPG-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    mailto:FateRPG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Daniel C Ansell
                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 1, 2008

                  Yeah, the book sounds like it might be as much fun to read as to play with and bludgeon your tablemates with.

                  I’ll be ordering mine as soon as the finances permit.

                  Dan

                  target="_blank">www.TheGamerTraveler.com
                  target="_blank">www.TheDigitalFront.com

                  > Products available at: RPGnow.com &
                  DriveThruRPG.com

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      mailto:FateRPG-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      mailto:FateRPG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Jason
                  Message 8 of 20 , Aug 1, 2008
                    I wonder if this will stop bullets like the Hero hardcover is alleged
                    to do?

                    Jason

                    --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel C Ansell" <danielcansell@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Yeah, the book sounds like it might be as much fun to read as to
                    play with
                    > and bludgeon your tablemates with.
                    >

                    > I'll be ordering mine as soon as the finances permit.
                    >

                    > Dan
                    >

                    > _____

                    Behalf Of
                    > Daniel M. Perez
                    > Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 10:16 AM
                    > To: FateRPG@yahoogroups.com
                    > Subject: Re: [FateRPG] Re: Starblazer - now taking pre-orders!
                    >

                    > Hey, I like chunky books. They double as weapons, so it's all
                    good. :-)

                    > Looking forward to Starblazer Adventures.
                    >

                    > ---
                    >
                    > <http://www.dmperez.com/highmoon/images/banner_hmplogo-
                    white_sig.jpg>
                    > Daniel M. Perez
                    > Highmoon Media Productions - www.HighmoonMedia.com
                    > <http://www.highmoonmedia.com/>
                    >
                    > The Gamer Traveler Podcast - www.TheGamerTraveler.com
                    > <http://www.thegamertraveler.com/>
                    > The Digital Front Podcast - www.TheDigitalFront.com
                    > <http://www.thedigitalfront.com/>
                    >

                    > Products available at:
                    > <http://www.rpgnow.com/default.php?manufacturers_id=602&src=HMPsig>
                    > RPGnow.com &
                    > <http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=63>
                    > DriveThruRPG.com.

                    DriveThruRPG.com

                    Message 9 of 20 , Aug 1, 2008
                      Jason wrote:
                      > I wonder if this will stop bullets like the Hero hardcover is alleged
                      > to do?

                      They did some munitions testing on the Hero 5th hardcover. There's only
                      a very limited range of firearms that it would stop. IIRC, once you got
                      past civil war era, it didn't stand up so well.

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Wmj46S5qo

                      Fred
                    • merc_hg_80
                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 2, 2008
                        > They did some munitions testing on the Hero 5th hardcover. There's
                        only
                        > a very limited range of firearms that it would stop.

                        Bought the Aspect but didn't buy the Stunt, eh.

                        Cheers,
                        Roger
                      • Declan Feeney
                        Message 11 of 20 , Aug 2, 2008
                          I don't think you ment to say this Chris ;)

                          Message 12 of 20 , Aug 3, 2008
                            haha! yes must have been a late night, i did mean that i didn't want to
                            end up creating a game like that - how many times have you bought an
                            rpg to find out you need three more books!