Re: Spirit of the Dungeon Crawl...

  • arsfourth
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 6, 2008
      --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, rick jones <rickjthree@...> wrote:

      > FTR, once we finish a shakedown of the base 4E system, I'm planning on
      adding Aspects to the game.

      How much of a bonus will invoking an aspect be worth? Seems to me that
      it ought to be scaled up for rolling a d20 instead of 4dF.
    • johnpaul613
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 10, 2008
        You ought to Google "perfect century" a d20/FATE hybrid by Levi. Fred
        made some recommendations on bonuses for Aspects I think on the
        RPG.net thread...I want to say it was +4 but I'm not 100%.
      • Esterion
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 11, 2008
          --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "johnpaul613" <scottacker613@...> wrote:

          > You ought to Google "perfect century" a d20/FATE hybrid by Levi. Fred
          > made some recommendations on bonuses for Aspects I think on the
          > RPG.net thread...I want to say it was +4 but I'm not 100%.

          I tried to find it on the net but the link to he rules drafts were all
          broken. I could only glimpse at a character sheet and it seemed like
          Standard SotC with a "Feats" section where Stunts used to be... bit of
          a dissapointment.

          Anyway, I was more interested in D&D per se than d20.

          PS: people always refer to threads on RPG.net and I can never find them :(
        • arsfourth
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 13, 2008
            --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Esterion" <Esterion@...> wrote:

            > --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "johnpaul613" scottacker613@ wrote:
            > >
            > > You ought to Google "perfect century" a d20/FATE hybrid by Levi. Fred
            > > made some recommendations on bonuses for Aspects I think on the
            > > RPG.net thread...I want to say it was +4 but I'm not 100%.
            > >

            > I tried to find it on the net but the link to he rules drafts were all
            > broken.... people always refer to threads on RPG.net and I can never find them :(

            I found this page.  There's a working link at the end but no comments from Fred.  In this draft of Perfect Century, you may spend a fate point and roll an additional die when invoking an aspect.

            Someone must have combined aspects with D&D/D20/M&M by now.  I'm just curious how it was handled.