Mechanics Thoughts: Threshholds

  • Eddie Sauve
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2008
      Part of the fun of tokusatsu TV is the amazing transformations that the
      heroes go through. There is a sort of "law of escalation" to this trope.
      Tokusatsu heroes will usually face the first wave of foot soldiers in
      their "civies", use their first stage transformation on the monster of
      the week, step it up to a secondary power set if that foe is especially
      tough, and so on.

      This makes me consider maybe tying the use of certain stunts to
      threshholds of fate points. IE, you must have X Fate points to transform
      and use the abilities in your "henshin" form.

      Thoughts welcome on list or here:
      http://thegovernance.com/?p=38
      --
      Eddie Sauve
      http://thegovernance.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2008
        I just thought of a great aspect. It comes from Unreal Tournament 3, on
        of the bots will say this when shot "Why am I always the first one to
        get shot?" The more I think about it a lot of the taunts and quotes from
        the Unreal Tournament games would make great combat related aspects. I
        especially like the taunts that the robots use as they would work nicely
        for some kind of mechanized threat. "Run human!" "Die Human" "Flesh Is A
        Design Flaw" "Your Programming Is Inferior"

        David