FATE and L5R

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2003
      A poster on rpg.net is looking at doing L5R with FATE. It's an
      interesting thread (And has gotten fred back on my back to get the
      revised edition done) and might be of interest to folks. It is at:

      http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79195

      -Rob D.
    • D P
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 10, 2003
        --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <r_donoghue@y...> wrote:
        > A poster on rpg.net is looking at doing L5R with FATE. It's an
        > interesting thread (And has gotten fred back on my back to get the
        > revised edition done) and might be of interest to folks. It is at:
        >
        > http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79195
        >
        > -Rob D.

        Strangely enough, I am the one who started the thread.

        Once I get some hard data I'll post stuff here. Right now I'm caught
        on the horns of indecision:

        A) I'd like a very loose game with very few defined aspects, and
        neato L5R Techniques being designed as loose Aspects.

        B) My player pool likes their candy. They'd prefer to have specific
        powers for the Techniques, perhaps not unlike the Kung-fu stuff from
        the magic section in Fate.

        I think I'll set my design eye on B, as A will be a lot easier to
        emulate.

        My longtime list-friend Linda should be around here somewhere as
        well, I know she was excited about the FATE Orginization rules she
        lifted from the files section (I have it, but haven't had a chance to
        read it yet).

        Doug.
      • Linda
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 10, 2003
          Hi all - newbie in da house :)

          > My longtime list-friend Linda should be around here
          > somewhere as
          > well, I know she was excited about the FATE
          > Orginization rules she
          > lifted from the files section ´

          Yup! That's me, and so I am... going to try to have a
          draft of the different L5R clans and factions by this
          weekend. I'll post here soon as I've got something
          useful as well...

          Linda

          Höstrusk och grå moln - köp en resa till solen på Yahoo! Resor på adressen http://se.docs.yahoo.com/travel/index.html